Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Trying To Install Bitdefender Is 2012

Options
volcom
edited August 2011 in Installation

hello,

i was trying to install bitdefender 2012 but whenever it reaches installing services it works and then i get a popup telling me the installation has failed.

2012try.jpg

greetings,

robin

Comments

• Unofficial reply. We had the same issue on a few of our machines during the upgrade from 2011 to 2012 products. It was by no way Bitdefenders fault. We run an Untangle gateway that filters contents and scans all of it through clam-shell AV. It was corrupting the downloaded files. So the error was being caused by corrupted install files.

This is what we did to fix it. We had to run the bitdefender removal tool, the ccleaner application Bitdefender recommends, and lastly go into the C drive, program files. Then manually delete the Bitdefender folder that was created while the install was downloading the install files. This is where it was storing the files it had downloaded. Then it allowed us to reinstall without a problem.

• Hi Robin,

Have you used a previous version of BitDefender ? Any other security solutions installed on the same PC ? Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and the link for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• cholschuh
    edited August 2011
    Options

Unofficial reply. I had the same problem. It looks like windows built-in security was blocking the setup file. Try right-clicking the setup file and select properties. Towards the bottom of the Properties Menu you should see Security. To the right of Security click unblock. Then try running the setup file. This worked for me. Hope this helps you!

Fix.jpg

• Hi again Robin,

I've created a ticket with ID: 201108131000978. Please check your email address associated with your forum account for the steps on how to correctly install BitDefender. You had traces of a previous attempt to install BitDefender (the firewall driver). Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or still occur. Make sure you run the files with administrator rights by right click on them and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Looking forward to your answer!

• hello,

thank you verry much the installation was succesfull now :)

but what is the auto pilot setting?

greetings,

robin

• and i also got a commercial licence for it but when i activate it is just goes awy again so can't activate it

please help

• Hello,

For all the users who want nothing more from their security solution than to be protected without being bothered, Bitdefender Total Security 2012 has been designed with a built-in Auto Pilot mode. While on Auto Pilot, Bitdefender applies an optimal security configuration and takes all security-related decisions for you. This means you will see no pop-ups, no alerts and you will not have to configure any settings whatsoever.

In Auto Pilot mode, BitDefender automatically fixes critical issues and quietly manages:

- Antivirus protection, provided by on-access scanning and continuous scanning.

- Firewall protection.

- Privacy protection, provided by antiphishing and antimalware filtering for your web browsing.

- Automatic updates.

By default, the Auto Pilot is engaged the moment the BitDefender installation is completed. As long as Auto Pilot is engaged, the BitDefender icon in the system tray will change in adding the letter "A" on top of the regular icon;

To turn the Auto Pilot on or off, open the BitDefender window and click the Auto Pilot switch on the upper toolbar.

Important: While the Auto Pilot is on, modifying any of the settings it manages will result in it being turned off.

Volcom: please create a different topic on that matter. When you have created it, send me a PM with the link along with your license key and a screenshot of the error you receive. You will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.