Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Bitdefender Cleaned Virus During Instalation

Options

Bitdefender cleaned virus during instalation.

how do I see what virus do I had b4?

Comments

• Hi,

I must admit that I find your question interesting. I will need some time to test it, will come back tomorrow with an answer.

Regards,

• :) np yeah Its quite interesting for me, if is keylogger to change passwords asp, before I get hacked, if if just a virus noting scareware.
  • Hello,

Please provide me with the file "bdinstall.bin" from:

- for XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Application Data\*

- for Vista/7:

C:\ProgramData

And I will tell you what was cleaned during the installation of BitDefender.

Regards,

• sent link in private msg.

• sent link in private msg.

Hm, same problem here. Bought and installed just Bitdefender Internet Security and it told me it had removed 2 Files. Well, I would like to know what files and what kind of infection they had. I also find it intereseting that I did test Bitdefender Antivirus yesterday and it did not find anything...

Anyway, I am gonna send you a link to my file aswell.

Thank you!

• Hm, same problem here. Bought and installed just Bitdefender Internet Security and it told me it had removed 2 Files. Well, I would like to know what files and what kind of infection they had. I also find it intereseting that I did test Bitdefender Antivirus yesterday and it did not find anything...

Anyway, I am gonna send you a link to my file aswell.

Thank you!

Whom could I send my log to tell me what virus where cleaned during installation?

• PhobosMod
    edited August 2011
    Options

Naah its bug or false positive, every time i instal- reinstal Bitdefender it says

Bitdefender cleaned virus

Scanned with many other antiviruses these no virus. This just scareware. pff.

• Hi,

Phobos: Or there are cookies deleted upon installing. I won't consider this as a bug nor false positive until I don't see the installation log to be able to see the files names and paths.

Regards,

• coolcool1227
    Options

@Scanned with many other antiviruses these no virus.

Did you configure them properly e.g scan for cookies etc as respected Daniel said.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Some changes will be made to the engine in the future and the default actions in the installation process will be improved.

I will post more details when they will be made public.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.