[resolved] Java Problems And Chrome Problems

Hello. I have a problems with BTS 2012.

When I access the http://www.friendcaller.com/webphone/index.html, nothing happens , but if i reboot into Ubuntu (of course no Bitdefender) , this page works as expected. So I want to test with chrome browser (on my windows). I downloaded it and do a fresh installation. But when I access webpages using chrome, chrome can't connect. So I have to manually add rules for chrome in bitdefender firewall settings. After that, I access the friendcaller webpage but not working. So I go to java.com to check if my java jre is probably installed ( Of course it is ). Using chrome, it says that I haven't install, so I download the java6 build 26 and open it. A dialog (Java) appears and says that " There is problem with your internet connection".

Please help me ...!!!

Comments

• Hi,

Are you able to open that page with IE or Firefox ? What internet connection are you using ? Are you using a router ?

• I can't open it in firefox or any other browsers on windows. But it works perfectly in Ubuntu.

Of course I'm using direct internet connection (no proxy). (I also configure the java to connect to the internet using direct connection).

• Hello,

Please disable Firewall and see if the issue still occur. Then disable the following settings, one by one, and see which one is resolving the issue:

- AVC;

- IDS;

- Auto Scan;

I believe I was able to reproduce the issue even without using a proxy to connect to the Internet. I will conduct few tests and come back with an answer in the next few days.

Regards,

• I disabled firewall and the java can check for update but I can't see anything on http://www.friendcaller.com/webphone/index.html on windows. But on linux I can see the login form ... Don't know why (using chrome and chrome on 2 platform settings and plugin are the same )

• Hello,

Try to open the default page and let me know if you still encounter the same issue:

http://www.friendcaller.com

• svbk
    edited August 2011

The default page is ok. The page is what it's expected to be. But http://www.friendcaller.com/webphone/index.html is still blank. I don't know why. Does anyone has this problem ??

• nikki605
    edited August 2011

Using IE9, I can see the login window using my WinXP PC running BDAV 2011, but it is blank using IE9 on my Win7 PC running BDAV 2012.

post-35640-1313578753_thumb.jpg

post-35640-1313578989_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• Yes, that's the bug...

• Something to think about - I have BD Antivirus installed which does NOT have the firewall. So whatever the issue is, it's apparently not related to the BD firewall module and this topic is in the firewall sub-forum.

Regards,

• I really don't know what the problem is related to, so I posted it here.

• nikki605
    edited August 2011

When the issue isn't obvious, it can be difficult to know which module to post under. Once we know what the issue is, we can move the topic accordingly.

For the record, I have tried disabling:

Auto Scan

Antiphishing

Auto Update

On-access Scanning

Active Virus Control

All Toolbar Functions

All Protection for web browsers

The issue was still present.

I then booted into Safe Mode and when I went to the webpage, the website's login window displayed normally.

Regards,

• Hello,

This issue has been escalated for resolution and I believe that the fix will be available with the next driver version for the Traffic light (Privacy Control >>> Antiphishing) module.

There is a workaround I suggested in another topic discussing the same issue: renaming the file bdtl.dll located in the BitDefender installation folder ( C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012 ). This must be made in Windows Safe Mode. You can boot your PC in Safe Mode as explained below.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

When the update will be launched I will post it in the Update forum category >> Product updates.

Best regards,

• nikki605
    edited August 2011

Thank you DanyDan. Based on your explanation, I will move this topic to the Privacy Control forum since it is not directly related to the Firewall module.

Regards,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

This issue was resolved a few updates ago, please make sure you have the latest build installed.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=32143

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.