Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"the Virus Scan Module Is Unavailable" ?

Options

Dear All,

I installed BitDefender about a week ago and toda I noticed that it has not performed any scan ever since. When I press ?Scan Now? nothing happens and when I opened the Virus Scan tab, it reads "The Virus Scan module is unavailable".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate (x64).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• i'm having the same issues. Coincidentally (or maybe not), I also had major system issues where I could not log in to my own Windows Account. I had to Safe Mode and System Restore to about a week ago to rectify that issue. I seem to be able to log in, now, but the System Restore told me in failed and that nothing had been restored. I'm somewhat confused.

After that, I noticed the issue mentioned here, and I also cannot seem to turn on Antivirus and Antiphshing on my Preferences. Every time I choose for them to be "ON," the next time I open Preferences, they are back to OFF.

Also, the current "Alerts" that BitDefender tells me about are Real-Time Virus protection and a Scan. Both of which Fail when I say Fix.

And finally, despite scans in May/June (which I have logged), the "Last Virus Scan" says "NEVER."

I feel like my BitDefender has been fooled around with.

• Welcome to the forum. :)

For both of you, I would recommend a clean reinstall of BD.

1. Uninstall any other security software currently on your PC, if any. Links to uninstall tools can be found in this topic.

2. Download the BD Uninstall Tool and save it to your PC. Right-click on the saved file and select Run as Administrator. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot when prompted.

3. Download the BD product you are trying to install from the links in this topic and save it to your PC. Right-click on the saved file and select Run as Administrator. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot when prompted.

4. Right-click on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select Update now to download and install the latest program & virus updates.

Let us know if that resolves your problems.

Regards,

• was planning on doing that as soon as i get a stable connection on the PC in question. Once I do that, I will update here with anymore information, as well as my system specs.