Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trafficlight 0.1.19 & Firefox 6.0

Options

I have not yet upgraded from Firefox 5.0 to Firefox 6.0. I have heard reports from users of the TrafficLight Firefox add-on that TrafficLight 0.1.19 is not compatible with Firefox 6.0.

Is a compatibility fix being worked on and when do you expect the release of the Firefox 6.0 compatible version of the TrafficLight Firefox add-on?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Is a compatibility fix being worked on and when do you expect the release of the Firefox 6.0 compatible version of the TrafficLight Firefox add-on?

I'd like to know that as well.

And what about 7.0 and 8.0 which are around the corner?

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    Options

Hy ,

The extension is compatible with Firefox 6.x , we will issue an update during this day , but the date that will show up on the add-ons website depends on when Firefox Moderators will review it.

The process is slow regarding extension review , and every time we issue a new version the review takes long , and we can't enforce a quicker review process.

As a work around follow these steps (Firefox only):

- download TrafficLight extenstion and save it on your PC

- open it using WinRar or the archiver of your choice and extract from it the following file : install.rdf (don't close WinRar)

- open up install.rdf and change the field : em:maxVersion="5.*" to em:maxVersion="6.*" and save it

- drag install.rdf back into TrafficLight.xpi and close winrar

- drag and drop TrafficLight.xpi into Firefox

• TheKid7
    edited August 2011
    Options

Is there any way that the TrafficLight.xpi can be direct downloaded from BitDefender?

Thanks in Advance.

• I installed the new TrafficLight update (0.1.20) this morning. I aborted the installation of Firefox 6 when the Firefox 6 installer said that both TrafficLight and AVG Safe Search are not compatible.

post-71069-1313755643_thumb.jpg

• There's a new version https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ad...light/versions/

It has new icons in the Search Results.

Also when you click an icon a page from BitDefender will open.

I like the way it's evolving.

• Hey Jose! Looks like you've discovered the "secret" updater page. Only the Rosicrucians have been privy to that until now.

The actual add-on page has never been correct in several respects.

Currently the 0.1.22 "Accept and Install" button is dead in my and others' experience. You can either right-click it and "Save Link As..." to download the xpi file and install it manually or "Open Link in New Tab" which will do its usual install.

I'm not particularly distressed by the major fubar that is the Trafficlight add-on page (and it's been that way for MONTHS). The less people use the extension the better access we TL fans have to its cloud side. ;)

Seriously, why doesn't this extension work with Firefox's Add-ons Manager and what is the issue with how totally messed up TrafficLight's page is at addons dot mozilla dot org??

Look at all the work that goes into this superb project and what's the outcome? Some poor bloke posts up a one star rating to review it's incompatible with Firefox 6!

BitDefender... Fix your Firefox add-ons site and manager functionality!!

BTW, that's my five star review there as Bob Smith.

Cheers!

• I'm with you dallas; not happy.

But I think it has more to do with the new methodology Firefox is using (copying Chrome's frantic upgrades).

Still, even if I'm right, BitDefender has enough clout to stay ahead of things; so we're free to blame both.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

A new version has been released.

Please check out this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ad...light/versions/

Thank you.

• columbo
    Options
    Hey Jose! Looks like you've discovered the "secret" updater page. Only the Rosicrucians have been privy to that until now.

The actual add-on page has never been correct in several respects.

Currently the 0.1.22 "Accept and Install" button is dead in my and others' experience. You can either right-click it and "Save Link As..." to download the xpi file and install it manually or "Open Link in New Tab" which will do its usual install.

I'm not particularly distressed by the major fubar that is the Trafficlight add-on page (and it's been that way for MONTHS). The less people use the extension the better access we TL fans have to its cloud side. ;)

Seriously, why doesn't this extension work with Firefox's Add-ons Manager and what is the issue with how totally messed up TrafficLight's page is at addons dot mozilla dot org??

Look at all the work that goes into this superb project and what's the outcome? Some poor bloke posts up a one star rating to review it's incompatible with Firefox 6!

BitDefender... Fix your Firefox add-ons site and manager functionality!!

BTW, that's my five star review there as Bob Smith.

Cheers!

Nice review Bob, well stated. :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

We have a new version that was released these days.

Thank you very much.

• I am currently using Firefox 3.6 and I don't want to upgrade yet since this version has a lot of features. Anyway, does TrafficLight works with this Mozilla Firefox version?smile2.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

That version is tool old and vulnerable. Please update to the latest version and install Trafficlight from our website.

Thank you.