Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Connect To The Web Via Browser

Options

I upgraded from Internet Security 2011 to Internet Security 2012 and now none of my internet browsers will connect to the web.

If I add an exception to the firewall for the internet browser then I can, but I am unsure if this solution is the correct one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• reido113
    edited August 2011
    Options

Adding the programs as exceptions to the bitdefender firewall is what works.

I think that my actual issue is with settings, so I will move to the 'firewall' area of this forum for further assistance.

*edit* In detail my issue was that I was not being notified by bitdefender when applications tried to access the internet. The applications would stick in a holding pattern and never connect.

This was due to the Paranoid Mode being off. With Paranoid Mode on, bitdefender, again, gives me the option to allow or deny the connection. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Here is the post that informed me (-LINK-)

Cheers

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello,

What exactly applications are you referring to ? Any particular ones or it happens with each and every application trying to connect to the Internet ?

Please attach in your response to this topic the following files from:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\Firewall

- rules.XML;

- settings.XML

Regards,