Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]Events Cleared Automatically

Options

Today all the entries in the Events Module has been cleared automatically and I couldn't figure it how?

Comments

• Happened to me too.

I note the only response has been to close a duplicate thread on the forum. Not an adequate answer.

• Math_Matei
    Options
    Today all the entries in the Events Module has been cleared automatically and I couldn't figure it how?

and I encountered the same problem, even 2 times, last time this evening!

Who can explain the phenomenon!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• bd127
    Options

Yes me too. I've just noticed that my IS2012 events log was cleared last night at 2041 local time (UK). This time can be inferred from the creation time stamp on the history.xml file in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Events

• Hello,

Tried to reproduce the issue however I was not able to. Can you pinpoint if you were doing something in particular on the PC when the issue occurred ? I need more details about the issue as I can't explain it nor provide a resolution until I don't understand it.

We had no reports on this issue so far, except for this topic. Can any of you posting that you encountered this issue reproduce the steps took until this occurred ?

• bd127
    Options
    We had no reports on this issue so far, except for this topic. Can any of you posting that you encountered this issue reproduce the steps took until this occurred ?

Since my post this morning my logs have been deleted once more and I had just performed a manual update. Subsequently I've done 2 more updates but it hasn't happened again.

The fact that reports of this fault have suddenly started, points the finger at programme updates you have issued on the 19 or 20th of this month.

bd.

• Hello,

Today the issue occurred on one of my test machines therefore I decided to further investigate it. I have created the following tickets:

ONT: 201108231042531;

Stagedoor: 201108231042739;

Gini™: 201108231042747;

Bd127: 201108231046575;

I suspect that the issue is caused by the corruption of the History.XML file where the Events entries are stored. For the time being can't tell you the cause, however, I have escalated it to the Dev. Team and as soon as I will have an answer from them, I will notify you via forum and email.

Kind regards,

• coolcool1227
    Options

The subject issue occur again today.

• Not today, but on checking the earliest recorded event (on the update module) was 26/08 at 16:09. Everything before that has been cleared, and not by me.

Also just now when I logged in, there was a Critical Warning that the Anti-Phishing was turned off, again not by me.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Any update as the subject issue still occur.

• Hello,

Replied to your ticket ID: 201108231042531. The issue was escalated however I just came back into the office after 1 week so can't provide you with an ETA yet. As soon as I will have the feedback on the logs you sent, I'll inform you via email.

Regards,

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

The said issue is back. I have checked it today.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Any reply would be appreciated. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello ONT :)

I don't have yet an ETA for this. We are doing our best to release the update soon.

Take care.