Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.pws.mulin.a & Crss.exe

Options

Hi Guys,

I have been using BitDefender 9 Professional Plus for my PC at home. Yesterday I have received a message saying that:

C:\windows\system32\winsybg.dell infected by Trojan.pws.mulin.a. BitDefender blocked it and my computer has NOT been infected.

Since then the firewall has been requesting connection crss.exe to the internet. I have not allowed and seems that it is not running in CPU.

Could you please advise me what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

Feyhan

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello feyhan

What is the location of the crss.exe file ? You may not found it at this location:

C:\Windows\crss.exe You have to deny access to it in the firewall.

Download also superantispyware.Install it and install it. Double click on the shortcut you will see an icon which looks like a bug right click on it and press on check for updates. Reboot your pc now but press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen select safe mode press enter to confirm. Log in with your account do the same thing but click now on scan for ... , scan your computer,select complete scan and press next.

I recommend that you perform another deep scan with BitDefender but now in safe mode for instructions see this topic.

Best regards

Niels