Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011

vsserv.exe was running @ 325,001k memory, and killing my cpu.

I renamed avcore.dll to asum.dll.

Now it is only using 4016k memory.

Seems to be great now.

My System is older, specs are this.

Microsoft Windows XP

Media Center Edition

Service Pack 3

Gateway XL 510

Pentium 4

CPU 3.20GHz

2.00 GB Ram

But I have a question, now that it's running better should I upgrade to the free 2012 Version, or not.

Comments

• nikki605
    edited September 2011

I have BDAV Pro 2011 running on a desktop with similar specs to yours (see my sig) & have no slowdowns. I have no idea what effect renaming that dll has had on BD.

Do you have any other security type programs installed on your PC? That's the major cause of slowdown issues. Or, security programs that were not completely uninstalled.

BD 2012 is quite different from BD 2011. You can read the posts in the 2012 forum to get an idea. If you have a valid license, you can uninstall BD 2011 & install BD 2012 (same product version) and try it. You can always go back to BD 2011 if you choose.

Regards,

• No other security programs installed.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.