Installation - (question 1)

First of all, a remark :

OK I understand your concern ....

"Please Post Here The Bugs You Found In The 2008 Line, Important" , but altough this "General Talk" might contain valuable information, with all due respect, to me it looks like my office at home, where nobody (except myself) would be able to find anything right away ! Please organize in subtopics !

Or is it because I'm too new on this forum, but all questions are viewed and answered in some erratic way, mixing all sorts of issues. ? Thank you

To the point : QUESTION 1

During the installation, my browser (in casu AvantBrowser) started without any reason.

I wonder if the proces of installing BitDefender Internet Security 2008 does start your browser ?

This happened on each occasion :

- two times on same computer

- once on another PC

Thanks

Comments

• Hello Merel

I create a subtopic which is used for reporting compatibility problems with other software.

BitDefender doesn't start your browser except when you don't have an BitDefender my account.

Best regards

Niels

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited November 2007

First of all, a remark :

OK I understand your concern ....

"Please Post Here The Bugs You Found In The 2008 Line, Important" , but altough this "General Talk" might contain valuable information, with all due respect, to me it looks like my office at home, where nobody (except myself) would be able to find anything right away ! Please organize in subtopics !

Or is it because I'm too new on this forum, but all questions are viewed and answered in some erratic way, mixing all sorts of issues. ? Thank you

Hello Merel,

The forum is organized. This General section should be used, as it's name says, for General questions. For specific product versions, you have the Products -> Workstation section. Also, as you noticed, there's a Malware and a Spam and Phishing section.

The problem is not that the forum is not well organized. Maybe I'll offend some users because I'm saying this, but the only reason why this forum is kinda messy are the users themselves. There are many users (not the majority) who just don't spend some time to search the forum (and ask the same questions over and over, starting new threads about the things that have already been discussed), nor to see in what section should they post. We, the Moderators, make an effort to move topics where they belong, but we cannot make miracles (we're just volunteers, we don't work for BitDefender, and we're not available 24/7).

So if you don't like how it's organized, don't blame us, because we're doing the best we can to keep it clean and tidy.

BitDefender doesn't start your browser except when you don't have an BitDefender my account.

...and you chose to make an account.

If you don't have an account but you choose not to create one, then BitDefender shouldn't start your browser.

Cris.

• Hello Merel .../... We, the Moderators, make an effort to move topics where they belong, but we cannot make miracles (we're just volunteers, we don't work for BitDefender, and we're not available 24/7). So if you don't like how it's organized, don't blame us, because we're doing the best we can to keep it clean and tidy.

Cris.

Ok Cris I got the message. I fully understand that being volunteeers you spend a lot of your time and efforts, and for this ... special thanks to all moderators. I have seen many many fora (=forums). Some are very well organized, others are a complete mess (still they may contain very valuable information, hidden somewhere). My very first impression might have distorted, by viewing this section only.