Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Probem, Regarding Dns

Options

Hi

I have a problem with my internet sometimes. It happens mostly after a while, and then i cant connect to the internet anymore.

E.g. it could go perfect for like 8 hours, but then suddenly it doenst work anymore.

Most of the times, if i restart my internetmodem my problem is solved, but this takes al while.

I not 100% sure if this is due to BD?

I use BD Internet Security

PC Specs

Win 7, 64Bit

i7, 8GB Ram

I uploaded an image with the error report in Google Chrome (its in dutch, so i dont know if you english guys will be able to do something with this dutch info)

bddnsfout.png

post-40283-1315132560_thumb.png

Comments

• Hi Jon,

1. Are you using a proxy to connect to the Internet?

2. Do you have the box "Automatically detect settings" enabled under Tools >>> Internet Options >>> Connections >>> LAN Settings in Internet Explorer

- I know you posted Chrome but it takes the settings from Internet Explorer so that's the reason why I ask you to check the option above in IE instead of Chrome.

3. Does this happen with all browsers or just with Chrome?

4. Does this happen with any page or just with the one you posted?

I occasionally encountered this issue on my PC without BitDefender installed so can't yet pinpoint the exact cause. On my end this was due to a router hang so basically the only resolution I could find was to restart the router.

• Hi Jon. There could be a lot of reasons why your internet is intermittent. I also dont understand why you came up with a possible DNS issue. To isolate DNS outside the equation, try using 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 as DNS and check if you are still have intermittent issues. i wont make my post long but you might wanna check that out first.

• Hi Jon,

1. Are you using a proxy to connect to the Internet?

2. Do you have the box "Automatically detect settings" enabled under Tools >>> Internet Options >>> Connections >>> LAN Settings in Internet Explorer

- I know you posted Chrome but it takes the settings from Internet Explorer so that's the reason why I ask you to check the option above in IE instead of Chrome.

3. Does this happen with all browsers or just with Chrome?

4. Does this happen with any page or just with the one you posted?

I occasionally encountered this issue on my PC without BitDefender installed so can't yet pinpoint the exact cause. On my end this was due to a router hang so basically the only resolution I could find was to restart the router.

Hi Danny,

1. No i'm not using that

2. The box is unchecked, both in Chrome and IE

3. When the problem appears, i can't connect to the internet at all, not in Chrome, IE,...

4. All pages, it's not linked to any particular website i think.

I also have another PC with BD '11 on it, and when i have the problem on my laptop (BD '12), I also have it on my PC

So my problem might not be related to BD, but is still very annoying :(

And indeed restarting my modem, is the only solution i've found

Regards

Hi Jon. There could be a lot of reasons why your internet is intermittent. I also dont understand why you came up with a possible DNS issue. To isolate DNS outside the equation, try using 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 as DNS and check if you are still have intermittent issues. i wont make my post long but you might wanna check that out first.

And how do i do that? :P

Dont know that much about internet connections

Thnx for the help in advance

• You edit the connection settings as explained in the article below. Indeed you can use the DNS Olsen suggested, are from Google.

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Let me know what are the results.

• Or if you want an easy route for this. You can possibly call your ISP and have them walk you through in testing a static DNS. 8.8.8.8

Im not just sure if they are able to help you with that but its worth the try.

• Thnx for the replies,

I will be changing my internet provider in a month so hopefully the problem will be gone, otherwise i will look in to the DNS changes

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jon

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Have a nice day.

• Hi Jon

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Have a nice day.

Since i've changed from internet provider i haven't had the problem again so far

Regards

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.