Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Conflict With Bittorrent

Options

help please ever since i installed bitdefender i cannot download any programs through bittorrent.

i am running windows xp with share pack 3. the bitdefender version is new, i just purchased it and installed it.

a similar problem was posted else where on this sight but i was unable to either reply or add new post there that is why i had to post here.

Comments

• You stated the BD version is "new." Are you using a BD 2012 or a BD 2011 product? Which one - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?

The topic you tried to post in must be closed. Can you post the link to it or at least the title, please.

Awaiting your reply,

• the version that i purchased was bd2011 total security. the link is http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=BITTORRENT actually this is a web address i am sorry but i do not know how to post the link by number i hope the web link will help.

• nikki605
    edited September 2011
    Options

The link you posted worked fine. :)

Pleae follow the directions given by DanyDan in that other topic and post your results here.

Hi,

What Windows Service Pack you have installed with XP ? You do not have the latest BitDefender build installed so right click on BitDefender icon and select "Update Now". Restart the PC when the updates are installed then check again for updates until you see the message "No updates available" then let me know if the issue still persist.

Also provide me with a screenshot of the BitDefender Firewall -> Network module in Expert View (you can switch to expert mode from the Options button).

Regards,

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Regards,

• SHUBYDO61
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The link you posted worked fine. :)

Pleae follow the directions given by DanyDan in that other topic and post your results here.

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

Regards,

here are three screen shots that the post from danydan was asking for the only error messages that i am getting from bittorrent is cannot connect to them but i will try to get a screen shot of that for you also

post-73155-1315608938_thumb.jpg

post-73155-1315608958_thumb.jpg

post-73155-1315608971_thumb.jpg

• post-73155-1315955678_thumb.jpgpost-73155-1315955707_thumb.jpg

post-73155-1315955718_thumb.jpgpost-73155-1315955739_thumb.jpg[a

ttachment=8334:firewall...defender.jpg]

these are both the screen shots that danydan was asking for in his reply and the screen shot of what i am being told every time that i try to connect through bittorrent for a download. i hope this is what you are needing because i would like to get back to downloading with bittorrent it helps me decide what software i would like to purchase

post-73155-1315955590_thumb.jpg

• any help any body please

• Bittorrent torrent uses high ports for you to download data. If theres any way you can open high ports. (40000-60000) thats my best guess. You can start from there.

• Bittorrent torrent uses high ports for you to download data. If theres any way you can open high ports. (40000-60000) thats my best guess. You can start from there.

thanks for the info i will try it tonight then i will get back with you.

again thank you for the help

• i checked what ports were set for bittorrent and it showed all ports " allowed"

other then the firewall setting is there any other way to open or close ports though bitdefender?

• any more help please

• The link you posted worked fine. :)

Regards,

I don't mean to be a pain but were you able to come up with any other fixes?

I tried all of danydans suggestions and I sent the screen shots and I checked and all ports are open for bitterrent in firewall.

is there any thing else that I can try?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi

Sorry for delaying your answer.

Do you want to try Bitdefender 2012? I am sure this will solve the current issue.

The upgrade is FREE for all our customers.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...r-2012-711.html

Thank you.

• Hi

Sorry for delaying your answer.

Do you want to try Bitdefender 2012? I am sure this will solve the current issue.

The upgrade is FREE for all our customers.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...r-2012-711.html

Thank you.

i have followed the link that you provided and the only upgrade option that i am given is to purchase the 2012 version

i do not need to purchase it since i have just recently purchased the 2011 version.

is there not a patch or update to aleviate the conflict between bitdefender 2011 and bittorrent?

• i have followed the link that you provided and the only upgrade option that i am given is to purchase the 2012 version

i do not need to purchase it since i have just recently purchased the 2011 version.

is there not a patch or update to aleviate the conflict between bitdefender 2011 and bittorrent?

well i do not know if it was something that you all suggested, something that i tried or an update but bittorrent is now working good.

i would like to thank everybody that helped me with this problem.

so unless somebody else is having this problem in my opinion you all can call this one fixed.

again thank you all very much.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.