Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Has Gone Crazy Since Downloading Bitdefender

Options

I am starting to really regret purchasing bitdenfender. It shows up as #1 on Antivirus reviews. After downloading it there were no instructions on how to set it up. I don't know if automatic updates are on or what....

I am having the following problems with my computer since downloading.

First off, I just got my computer back from a repair shop. They did a complete reinstall. I brought it home and immediately downloaded my BitD. These are the problems I'm having

1. Every once in awhile I get the "blue" screen and Windows goes off. This has happened 3 times.

2. It's been 1 week since installation. Each day I do a complete scan, and I am getting 200-300 cookies each day, and it says that about 10% of them are infected. It says it has deleted them, but next day they are back again.

3. Computer is so slow I can't do hardly anything on it. It's like once it's turned on, roots start growing and grabbing ahold of web pages and pulling them down.

Techs: Please help and also let me know if I can get my money back. I just paid big bucks to have my system wiped and now its filled with some infections again!

Comments

• I am starting to really regret purchasing bitdenfender. It shows up as #1 on Antivirus reviews. After downloading it there were no instructions on how to set it up. I don't know if automatic updates are on or what....

I am having the following problems with my computer since downloading.

First off, I just got my computer back from a repair shop. They did a complete reinstall. I brought it home and immediately downloaded my BitD. These are the problems I'm having

1. Every once in awhile I get the "blue" screen and Windows goes off. This has happened 3 times.

2. It's been 1 week since installation. Each day I do a complete scan, and I am getting 200-300 cookies each day, and it says that about 10% of them are infected. It says it has deleted them, but next day they are back again.

3. Computer is so slow I can't do hardly anything on it. It's like once it's turned on, roots start growing and grabbing ahold of web pages and pulling them down.

Techs: Please help and also let me know if I can get my money back. I just paid big bucks to have my system wiped and now its filled with some infections again!

How long does it usually take to get someone to answer? :unsure:

• Response time can be 48-72 hours. Please read General Rule #6 in the posting rules. We need much more specific information about your PC before we will be able to provide any assistance. Include the specific stop code in the BSOD.

Do you have any other security programs installed? Did you uninstall any other security programs before installing BDAV 2011? If yes, what method of uninstall did you use? Running multiple security programs with real time protection, or leftover files/Registry entries from the incomplete uninstallation of other security programs is the most common cause for this type of problem.

Thanks,