Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wireless Printing

Options

BD 2010 was due ot expire tomorrow and so renewed this morning to Bitdefender Total Security 2012. Now cannot print to wi-fi printer. Not too technical so having difficulty working out what the problem is and taken me 2 hours to work out it might have something to do with Firewall.

However the suggestions above refer to BD 2011 and option on 2012 are different.

Why oh why is this sorted when you upgrade by being asked whether you have a printer attached?

What do I do? Getting ###### from better half about needing to print off school lists for kids and this is driving me crazy!

Comments

• Renewed subscription with BD this morning from BD2010 to "Bit Defender Total Security 2012".

Have received error message "Printer not Responding" whenever I go to print anything to our wireless printer.

Replaced print cartridges thinking this may have been cause but to no avail.

Now suspect that it may be Bit Defender firewall that is causing this and managed to find posts on this site. However those with solutions/remedies are for BD2010 and do not give suggestions for BD2012.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks - Andy

• nikki605
    edited September 2011
    Options

ukkiwi - You have posted in a topic that is in the BD 2011 product forum and you have BDTS 2012 installed. You also started a 2nd topic in the 2012 forum, so I have merged them into one.

Regards,

• ukkiwi - You have posted in a topic that is in the BD 2011 product forum and you have BDTS 2012 installed. You also started a 2nd topic in the 2012 forum, so I have merged them into one.

Regards,

Apologies for that. You have merged them but I still don't seem to have a response to my problem.

Still getting error message when go to print. Message showing is "(Code: 105-100003)" and when I searched the Kodak printer support it has the following:

"NOTE: If you are using BitDefender Total Security 2010, the problem can be resolved by turning on Game mode in the firewall. If turning Game mode on does not help, temporarily disable the firewall to enable wireless printing."

Well I turned on the Game mode but to no avail. I do not understand why this is so difficult to sort if it is a common enough problem for Kodak to mention it i ntheir support site.

Running Windows XP and have BD Total Security 2012.

Where do I turn from here?

Thanks,

Andy

• Right - have a solution of sorts.

When I turn OFF the Firewall I can print with no problem at all.

When I turn ON the Firewall I cannot print.

So what is causing this and what do I need to do to get it working correctly?

Cheers,

Andy

• Right - have a solution of sorts.

When I turn OFF the Firewall I can print with no problem at all.

When I turn ON the Firewall I cannot print.

So what is causing this and what do I need to do to get it working correctly?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I had the same problem with my Kodak 2170 and BD 2011, solved it this morning by changing my Network Type from 'Public' to 'Home/Office' within the BD Firewall options under the Network tab.

Good luck bud,

Davie

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the device as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Now please check if the issue persists. If it does, please create a zone for the device's IP address:

- open Bitdefender

- click on Settings

- go to Firewall module

- turn ON "Internet Connection Sharing" and turn OFF "Block port scans"

- go to Advanced tab

- click on Adapter rules

- select the corresponding adapter and click on "Add zone" button

- select the IP address from the list or enter it manually, set Permission to Allow and click OK

Thank you.