Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Crashes When Scanning For Many Months Now With No Resolution.

Options
TheMadScientist
edited September 2011 in Antivirus

Hello,

Every time I run a scan, any scan, my computer crashes.

Deep system scan leads to frozen PC Crash.

Other scans just crash my system.

Crash doesn't happen at any particular time into the scan or at any particular file being scanned.

What good is this software if it can not perform on a fresh install of Win XP Pro?

At very basic, this software should run flawlessly on a fresh OS install.......

What am I missing other than the money this software cost me and a product that doesn't work?

So for a received nothing but problems from this software and seem that BitDefender has invited more viruses

aboard my computer so they all can have a party on my 2 PC's! For me it seems that Bitdefender has switched sides.

System.

Win XP Pro Version 2002 SP3 32Bit

Foxconn motherboard

3Ghz P4

2GB of ram

2 TB of HDD

fresh OS install of 2 months now.

Have installed:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Not Running)

ComboFix (Not Running)

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition (Not Running)

Let me know if you need anything else to help resolve this problem.

TheMadScientist

Comments

• Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

So almost 1 month and no reply? I have submitted the file as requested...

Fresh install of Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit

3Ghz CPU

Foxconn N15235 Mother Board

2GB of Ram

2TB of Disc space

I also select a new task for scanning my J drive and BD scans all drives.... WTF is that?????

I'm very angry about this software you guys publish and it don't work for crap!!!! Can not scan my computer, can't configure it properly.

BD is totally useless and what about my money I invested in a product that doesn't work?????????????

I'm ######!

• TheMadScientist
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So almost 1 month and no reply? I have submitted the file as requested...

Fresh install of Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit

3Ghz CPU

Foxconn N15235 Mother Board

2GB of Ram

2TB of Disc space

I also select a new task for scanning my J drive and BD scans all drives.... WTF is that?????

I'm very angry about this software you guys publish and it don't work for crap!!!! Can not scan my computer, can't configure it properly.

BD is totally useless and what about my money I invested in a product that doesn't work?????????????

I'm ######!

Now just re-installed Win XP Pro FULLY UPDATED TO SP3 AGAIN, installed BD and it says "GOOD NEWS! YOUR COMPUTER IS VIRUS FREE!" Then go to do a scan and it showed me 3 viruses found before it CRASHED AGAIN!!!!!!!!

What kind of foolish game is this? I feel like the donky pulling the cart only motivated by the carrot dangling in front of me as the carrot represents something I can never get- (a virus free computer with a working BD software)

I feel really stupid for switching over from Kaspersky cause as soon as I did it seems that all

ther viruses received an invitation to jump on my computer and rape it willingly.

Kaspersky was rock solid for me, Bitdefender left me wide open for abuse!

This is my 100 days plus into my licence experience, and what a terrible experience it has been so far.

I have lost very valuable files, pictures and other stuff due to BD's inablity to protect my computer.

Not impressed to say the leaast...

A former long time Kaspersky customer reverting back to old faithful!

*Mad.