Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bd 2012 Total Security Upgrade, Task Bar Item

Options

After upgrading to BD 2012 Total Security (from the 2011 Version) I now have a Constant Bit Defender Task Bar item and a Task Bar Icon. I prefer only to have the Task Bar Icon since every time Bit Defender does something my Task Bar becomes active. I can't see any preference change that will disable this feature, so any hints?

Comments

• After upgrading to BD 2012 Total Security (from the 2011 Version) I now have a Constant Bit Defender Task Bar item and a Task Bar Icon. I prefer only to have the Task Bar Icon since every time Bit Defender does something my Task Bar becomes active. I can't see any preference change that will disable this feature, so any hints?

I figured this out on my own. If you have the "auto pilot" feature disabled, you'll have the constant task bar item.

By enabling auto pilot and going to the home screen you'll get a close window ICON (X) and it will get rid of the task bar item. Sorry, this isn't very intuitive!

:wacko:

• Hello,

Glad to see you managed to understand the misunderstanding you were having. I would strongly recommend you to read our offline manual found in your PC at the location below:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\support\offlinemanual\html

Case resolved, topic closed.

If you have any further queries please create a new topic.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.