Cant Get Rid Of A Virus...

Hi its me again hehehe....

O ran to another problem.....See I have a falsh disk which I use all the time for my projects and assignments....Its been infected by this Autorun virus and the bitdefender antivirus is able to recognize the virus but cant get rid of it.....It sents it to quartantine as it should be the virus is able to still duplicate itself...even after it is put into quarantine...any idea how i can get rid of it???....

Oh and this is really nt one of those big thing...I mean...It doesnt seen to affect other files/folders and it doesnt copy itself to them either....in the flash disk or in the comnputer....but I just cant get rid of it....Help pls!!!!

Comments

• Probably BitDefender blocks access to the file on your flash drive and doesn't actually delete it. That's the default behaviour when a virus is detected, I think. You can try to run a manual scan on the flash drive and set the actions BitDefender will take to 'delete', not copy to quarantine.

• Probably BitDefender blocks access to the file on your flash drive and doesn't actually delete it. That's the default behaviour when a virus is detected, I think. You can try to run a manual scan on the flash drive and set the actions BitDefender will take to 'delete', not copy to quarantine.

Try the good simple solution suggested by simple6. If it did not help look at this: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/04/19/u...torunvbs-error/

success and let us know.

• Hehehe Im sori I dont think this will help....You see the problem isn't opening my flash disk....Its the autorun program it has....I could open the flash disk manually and I dont mind doing so but when ever I scan the flash disk with the bitdefender finds the autorun and its the problem....It is a virus......It cant heal it and then quarantines it....But after it is moved a new one shows up...same effect when I try to delete it....I cant get rid of it....It seems to be linked to the recycler....here let me post the autorun codes it contains....I have also tried changing the codes but i cant save the changes pls help....

[autorun]

open=

shell\open\Command=RECYCLER\INFO.exe

shell\open\Default=1

shell\explore\Command=RECYCLER\INFO.exe

• Hello simple6_9guy

Try this go to start,my computer go to the tools menu folder options,display/view,change uncheck hide protected operating system files and check show hidden files and folders press on apply. Double click on the icon of your hard disc now double click on now you will see a folder called recycler open it and delete info.exe from it.

Explore your flash disk and delete autorun.inf and INFO.exe. Perform another BitDefender scan.

Best regards

Niels

• As a last resort, you can always backup your files from the flash drive to your hard disk and then format the flash drive.

• ok thx ill try that.....tell you how it works out....

Thnx guys