Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2011 And 2012 Cause Disconnections In League Of Legends

Options
Leon108
edited October 2011 in Firewall

Both BDIS 2011 and BDIS 2012 cause frequent disconnections in League of Legends game giving error "Disconnected from pvp.net" which makes the game unplayable. All programs permissions are properly set and server IP is white-listed. Uninstalling BD products completely resolves the problem. It happens under Windows 7 x64. Vista 32bit didn't have this problem. Temporary workaround is to to disable BD firewall BEFORE running LOL client. If I disable it after I run LOL or even enable it when LOL is already running, I immediately get above error. Any permanent solution?

Mind that BD is also not fully compatible with Battlelog (Battlefield 3 game). More info here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry123197

Comments

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

If there is no permanent solution then I would be glad to hear recommendations from other users of Internet security programs which don't have the above issue. I have been using BDIS for 4 years now, and my experience is getting worse and worse. First, months of broken by BDIS Windows Search indexing, then BDIS disabling Windows 7 backup image by turning on usn journal in system reserved partition and taking necessary space for proper functioning of Volume Copy Shadow service, and now this.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Leon

Since you've used Bitdefender for 4 years, I'm guessing that you are familiar with the modules.

Have you tried to disable Active Virus Control and Intrusion Detection System?

Thank you.

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

Thank you for your interest Cristi. As I said earlier, it seems that the problem lies in firewall module and not in AV. When the firewall is on, I am getting disconnect messages every 30 seconds regardless whether AVC and IDS are turned on or turned off. When firewall is off before the game launch there is no problem.

Is there any way to entirely disable firewall module in BDIS 2011 or 2012? I mean in such a way that it won't be turned on with every BDIS update? I am behind a router and I could even use Win 7 built-in firewall or even not at all. I could still use AV though but firewall causes too many problems with League of Legends and Battlelog and if there is no solution soon, unfortunately I will be forced to uninstall it and look for some other solution.

The problems started 1.5 weeks ago, when I got a new computer with Win 7 64bit and installed BDIS. Under Vista 32bit I didn't have those problems. Connection and everything remains the same.

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

I would like to add one more thing. If you Google for "league of legends bitdefender" you will see that many people have the same problem. And even more of them are most likely unaware that it is caused by BD and blame the game producer.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=119338

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you!

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

Thank you Cristi. PM with the required log file sent.

• i am having the exact same problem, me and my friends just uninstalled bitdefender because of this. my friend uninstalled it from his cafe because no one could play lol there

what should i do

• i am having the exact same problem, me and my friends just uninstalled bitdefender because of this. my friend uninstalled it from his cafe because no one could play lol there

what should i do

LOL works only if you turn off BD firewall BEFORE you launch the LOL's client.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

I want to test if the issue is fixed with some settings in the product.

The steps are below and are quite simple:

1. Open the Bitdefender program > Settings > Antivirus > Exclusions

2. Add the file to the Active Virus Control exclusions: click on "Excluded processes" > add the .exe file of the game/browser and make sure it is "Allowed" > click "Close".

3. Now add the file to the "on access and on-demand" scan exclusions: click on "Excluded files and folders" > Add the file and make sure it's excluded for "both" on-access and "on-demand" scanning.

4. Also add a Firewall rule for it > go to the Firewall module > Advanced > click on "Application rules":

- Browse to the game/browser and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select "Trusted"

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Now please restart your machine and run that game again.

Thank you.

• I want to test if the issue is fixed with some settings in the product.

The steps are below and are quite simple:

Sorry Cristi but it didn't resolve the problem. I got disconnection error the second I logged in. Although I have tried your suggestion already long time ago in different version of BDIS I did it again, exactly following your guide. There is not question that BDIS firewall blocks this game regardless the settings.

Btw, LOL has 5 executable running in various stages of the game launching. I had to set 20 rules all together in anti-virus and firewall and it is not fun at all. The game works fine with BD firewall turned off. As long as this work around works, I am fine with it.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Leon108

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Thank you.

• We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

That seems to have worked. I would like to know how the network change from "Home/Office" to "Trusted" and "Stealth Mode" from "Remote" to "Off" affects my PC security? Can I leave it at these settings permanently or only change it before running the game?

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

If you are connected to a trusted internet provided, you can leave those settings to Trusted, if not, change them back to Home/Office after turning off the game.

Thank you.

• Leon108
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you are connected to a trusted internet provided, you can leave those settings to Trusted, if not, change them back to Home/Office after turning off the game.

Thank you Cristi. I guess that I can trust my ISP ^^ so, I will leave it at Trusted network. I've just tested for open ports and even with the Stealth OFF my ports are still hidden to the internet. I am also behind a router.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

If you are behind a router, that's great news.

You can leave the settings to Trusted.

Thank you

• Thank you again Cristi for you kind help. I consider the issue resolved.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Leon108

Thank you for your feedback.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.