Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Failed To Scan: Error Code C000001d

Options
cobaltphoenix
edited February 2022 in The Archive

i have been trying for about a day now to resolve an issue that i have - virus or malware or whatever kind of infection. I have used a number of products available, (kaspersky, avira, acronis, and bitdefender) with the same results: the scans always end prematurely. Kaspersky is the only one so far that has at least given me options for what to do with files it discovers but it too ends up halting and doing so in different folders. The inconsistency is both frustrating and exciting. I would like to resolve this infection successfully without having to wipe the drive as so many people have so many times before, including myself.

is there any hope that BitDefender can be used to actually find and remove malicious code? This question is not exclusive to this forum or this company, i've been posting on the other sites and still have had no response or resolution using other products. please help!

thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi,

You can use the Bitdefender Rescue CD to find and delete the infected files. Here you can find instructions for How to create and use the Bitdefender Rescue CD.

On the other hand, if you already have Bitdefender 2012 installed you can start the Rescue mode directly from the Bitdefender using interface without having to burn a CD. All you have to do is open Bitdefender -> go to Antivirus module -> click on Scan now -> and choose Rescue Mode.

Thank you.

• Hi,

Thanks for the advice, as you said I tried scanning in rescue mode, BitDefender do found ' Failed To Scan: Error Code C000001d‎' but it says it cannot remove them and also says 'May be threats are present in your machine' what shall I do now? help is greatly appreciated

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

In order to be able to further investigate the reported situation we need a bit more information from your computer as follows:

. A BDSYS log;

[how to GENERATE A BDSYS LOG]

. Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDInfoTool.exe

. Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDInfoTool.exe"; If you receive a firewall

alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

. Click the "Create log" button to start generating the

log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

. When the small window appears with the message "Log

saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" has appeared on your Desktop;

. Send me via PM the generated log file.

. If the file is to big for send it over PM, upload the results to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own and send via PM the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

IMPORTANT:

.During this process the Real Time Protection in Bitdefender must be temporarily disabled;

.If you receive a Bitdefender Firewall alert to inform you that BDInfoTool.exe tries to connect to the internet,then you need to select Allow;

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on Bitdefender 2010]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open Bitdefender, click the "Settings" button in the upper right side of the interface, Switch UI to "Advanced Mode", Click "OK"; Go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on Bitdefender 2011]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open Bitdefender, click the "Options" button in the upper right side of the interface, Switch UI to "Expert View"; Go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012]

In order to disable the antivirus protection,please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield"tab and click on "Turn off" under On-access scanning.Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" . The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the troubleshooting procedure.

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete. Have a nice day.

• Hi,

Followed the steps as suggested, please find .zip file link attached for your review and advice

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmia6t

Thx in advance

----------------------------

In order to be able to further investigate the reported situation we need a bit more information from your computer as follows:

. A BDSYS log;

[how to GENERATE A BDSYS LOG]

. Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDInfoTool.exe

. Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDInfoTool.exe"; If you receive a firewall

alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

. Click the "Create log" button to start generating the

log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

. When the small window appears with the message "Log

saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" has appeared on your Desktop;

. Send me via PM the generated log file.

. If the file is to big for send it over PM, upload the results to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own and send via PM the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

IMPORTANT:

.During this process the Real Time Protection in Bitdefender must be temporarily disabled;

.If you receive a Bitdefender Firewall alert to inform you that BDInfoTool.exe tries to connect to the internet,then you need to select Allow;

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on Bitdefender 2010]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open Bitdefender, click the "Settings" button in the upper right side of the interface, Switch UI to "Advanced Mode", Click "OK"; Go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on Bitdefender 2011]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open Bitdefender, click the "Options" button in the upper right side of the interface, Switch UI to "Expert View"; Go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012]

In order to disable the antivirus protection,please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield"tab and click on "Turn off" under On-access scanning.Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" . The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the troubleshooting procedure.

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete. Have a nice day.

• Please use this link to download 'bdsyslog.zip', sorry there was a mistake

http://www.sendspace.com/file/slla0q

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Thank you for the report.

I've sent your request to our lab. I'll keep you up to date.

Have a nice day.

• Hi, have you got any response from the lab on discussed issue? am just waiting for your advise, based on the lab report I will take a decision whether to format hard disk or not!!

• Hi,

Would like to provide some more information on threat that detected by BitDefender rescue scan, here are the steps I followed

1) Ran scan in 'Rescue Mode'

2) BD recommended me to restart the system, once restarted BD scanned the system in command mode (without loading windows)

3) scan result shown 'Threats may be present in your system" along with following error messages displayed

/proc/sys/net/ipu4/route/flush : Failed to scan:error code C000001d

/proc/386i/task/3906/environ Failed to scan:error code C000001d

these kind of errors around 20 lines

But another important point is when I do full system scan after windows are loaded, scan result says 'No threats found'

Not sure whether I should go for hard drive reformatting or continue using my laptop assuming no spyware or threats

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Rescue.

Your data was analyzed by the lab and they didn't find anything suspicious in that log.

Regarding that error message, I will further investigate this issue.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day.