Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With "avcuf32.dll" File - Code Integrity

Options
Scottie
edited October 2011 in General

After installed the new version of BitDefender Internet Security 2012, I've a lot of following messages in the Security Event Log:

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00076_002\avcuf32.dll

Above in details (xml version):

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />
<EventID>6281</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>0</Level>
<Task>12290</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8010000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-10-12T15:53:26.539249700Z" />
<EventRecordID>18745</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="48" />
<Channel>Security</Channel>
<Computer>Danny-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="param1">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00078_004\avcuf32.dll</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Details of the my software versions:

- Windows 7 Pro PL with Service Pack 1

- BitDefender Internet Security 2012 - Build 15.0.31.1282

Scottie

P.S. BitDefender is the worst software ever for what I paid. It has more bugs than IE...

Comments

• I see similar entries for avcuf64.dll (I have a 64-bit system) in my Event Viewer, but until I read your post, it wasn't anything I had checked before. We'll wait & see what BD tech support has to say about it.

Regards,

• Hi,

Gary: please send me the event saved involving avcuf64.dll. Send me a download link via PM.

Scottie: I will need to look deeper into this. I will come back with an answer tomorrow.

• PM sent with the requested download link. :)

Regards,

• Hello again,

Gary: got the export file, thanks!

Scottie: I've created a ticket ID in regards of this issue with ID: 201110141025747; as a personal opinion, I don't find this issue that disturbing as it is a Windows notification in the Events log, is not a pop-up that appears on your screen every few minutes so I can't understand why you find this notification that disturbing nor a notification that should disturb your day by day activities on the PC.

I have escalated the issue to the Dev. team and as soon as I will have their answer I will let you know. I do suspect that the notification appears whenever Bitdefender is updating. Still, this is just a hunch yet :)

• Scottie: I've created a ticket ID in regards of this issue with ID: 201110141025747; as a personal opinion, I don't find this issue that disturbing as it is a Windows notification in the Events log, is not a pop-up that appears on your screen every few minutes so I can't understand why you find this notification that disturbing nor a notification that should disturb your day by day activities on the PC.

I have escalated the issue to the Dev. team and as soon as I will have their answer I will let you know. I do suspect that the notification appears whenever Bitdefender is updating. Still, this is just a hunch yet :)

Hi DanyDan!

I'm looking forward for yours answer.

Note, that now I've updated version of BD: 15.0.34.1416.

Also the error message slightly changed. At now it has the following form:

- <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />
    <EventID>6281</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>0</Level>
    <Task>12290</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-02T17:11:32.394463300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>19950</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00088_012\avcuf32.dll</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

As you can see it is the same dll file, but in a different directory than before.

Before:

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00078_004\avcuf32.dll

Now:

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00088_012\avcuf32.dll

Best regards,

--

Scottie

• HKM
    Options
    Hi DanyDan!

I'm looking forward for yours answer.

Note, that now I've updated version of BD: 15.0.34.1416.

Also the error message slightly changed. At now it has the following form:

- <System>
    <EventID>6281</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>0</Level>
    <Task>12290</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-02T17:11:32.394463300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>19950</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00088_012\avcuf32.dll</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

As you can see it is the same dll file, but in a different directory than before.

Before:

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00078_004\avcuf32.dll

Now:

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00088_012\avcuf32.dll

Best regards,

--

Scottie

@Scottie

I have this same problem..... FYI I have the same build version as yours and Im on Windows 7 Ultimate 64....I will keep checking this post and see what the ultimate solution comes out to be....

@DanyDan

I hope u find a solution to this....

Thanks

REgards

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end. Please rest assure that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Hi

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end. Please rest assure that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

I already have the bdts 2013 and this problem still persists.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hello :)

The discussions about this subject will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=escalated

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.