Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Updated Build Of Bitdefender Rescue Cd

Options
xsfarid
edited February 2022 in The Archive

hi guyz, well m trying to build an updated iso/usb of Bitdefender Rescue CD. The reason mainly is that whenever we boot an infected pc with BitDefender Rescue CD, the update is quite huge (approx. 134 mb), so its quite natural to take long time on slow dsl connections. So, m trying to build an updated version of Bitdefender Rescue CD.

Comments

• i have googled a lot abt this but no success. i tried by extracting the iso files, adding new definition files from cumulative.zip and rebuilding the iso but no success! :-(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please tell me which version or Bitdefender Rescue CD have you downloaded? Thank you.

• well cristi m trying with the bdrescue.gz and other support files (extracted from the installer of Bitdefender Internet Security 2012). The idea came to my mind because i found Bitdefender Rescue CD extremely effective and fast in scanning. The only con which i found is that updated iso of BD Rescue is not released as frequently as others like Avira, Dr.Web do. So, i downloaded latest definition files from BD site, and placed them into the desired plugins folder after extraction. Then, I recompressed the bdrescue folder to bdrescue.gz using 7zip and placed it onto usb ( I m using SARDU). But when i try to boot from it, it gives error after loading bdrescue.gz.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi

You can not compile the ISO at home because when is loaded in the memory, the integrity checker is looking at all the files and in your case, you have one modified.

In Bitdefender 2012 we have implemented Rescue Mode

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,32...bid=lqonJd3WdAo

and in this way the users don't need to burn the content on a DVD.

Your request will be taken in consideration, but I can not provide you an ETA.

Thank you.

• Thanx for the reply Cristi.. Well i often troubleshoot windows where BD is not installed. So, i have to boot from USB/CD. So, if you cannot provide me details, kindly ask the authorities to release rescue cd based on BD 2012 and which is updated regularly.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Just like I've told you in the last post, there is no Rescue CD based on Bitdefender 2012 because there's no need to compile it. The Rescue Mode start the computer in Linux and runs a full scan without the need of a physical DVD.

Until new changes, please wait for a new version of Rescue CD to be released. No ETA for now.

Thank you.

• aBs0lut3z33r0
    edited January 2012
    Options

Use a Persistent USB disk

-Install grub4dos using rmprep usb , create casper-rw (ext2) filesystem and use the following entry in Grub4dos

title BitDefender Rescue CD LIVE - Jan 31 2011 \n 362MB;Oct 18 2010 - 6700070

find --set-root /_av/BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso

map /_av/BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso (0xff)

map --hook

root (0xff)

kernel /casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/_av/BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso splash

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

title BitDefender Rescue CD Persistent - Jan 31 2011\n 362MB;Nov 17,2011 - 7931676

#

map --hook

root (0xff)

kernel /casper/vmlinuz boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/_av/BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso splash

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Thank you for the useful tutorial.

I am sure that some of the users will find it interesting.

Take care.

• thxs , my bitdefender rescue cd shows 3/6 Feb 2012 expiration date (bdscan --info) . will the license renew from the cd itself or i have to download a new ISO?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back.

I will talk with my colleagues and I will provide you an answer these days.

Thank you.

• Use a Persistent USB disk

-Install grub4dos using rmprep usb , create casper-rw (ext2) filesystem and use the following entry in Grub4dos

map --hook

root (0xff)

kernel /casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/_av/BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso splash

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

title BitDefender Rescue CD Persistent - Jan 31 2011\n 362MB;Nov 17,2011 - 7931676

#

map --hook

root (0xff)

kernel /casper/vmlinuz boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/_av/BitDefender-Rescue-CD.iso splash

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

Thanx for the reply aBs0lut3z33r0, can u plz elaborate the difference bwtween live run and persistent run!

map --hook

root (0xff)

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

#

map --hook

root (0xff)

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

One thing more aBs0lut3z33r0, what if I am using SysLinux instead of Grub4Dos (e.g, Sardu)???

• -if you are updating persistent will store the av updates for the next boot . BD has updated its rescue cd to 2012 .

-you can chainload btw grub4dos and syslinux ,search for chainload between grub4dos and syslinux

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

This discussion is pretty exciting.

Please continue :)

For those that have Bitdefender 2012, I have posted here some information about Rescue Mode.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31832

Thank you.

map --hook

root (0xff)

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

#

map --hook

root (0xff)

initrd /casper/initrd.gz

Its still not working man, I also tried tutorial given at this url: http://reboot.pro/12813/ but I am not able to create a persistent usb.

• what is the error you r getting ?

• what is the error you r getting ?

Thanx aBs0lut3z33r0! Well I had not enabled save session option in Bitdefender. Its working absolutely fine now. Thanx

• xsfarid
    Options

Well everything with persistent boot went fine so far, but now whenever i boot and try to update bitdefender rescue cd it gives an error message that your license key has expired. I tried updating with a new persistent medium of 1GB, but it also starts giving license key error after 3 or 4 boot_s. Kindly help!!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I will run some tests on the Bitdefender Rescue CD from the download server and will let you know if I find something.

Take care.

• gussie
    Options

Have you tried setting up a caching proxy server and setting up proxy in the bitdefender settings?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Those settings are necessary only if you use a proxy, if not, Bitdefender can automatically search for updates.

Take care.

• Hello Christian!

You found something on license expiration issue?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

We compiled a new Rescue CD when Bitdefender 2013 was released:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36646

Please check it out and let me know if everything is OK.

Take care.