Automatic Updates

Is is unfortunate that the automatic update requires a reboot each time. This is very annoying and sometimes I have unfinished work and do not want to reboot, and only put my computer in standby mode at night to save energy. My previous Anti Virus software didn't require this every time, and only very occasionally which would be acceptable.

Does this mean that until the computer is rebooted that the new anti virus definitions are not valid until a reboot?

Comments

• Updated virus definitions do not require a reboot, only BD program updates require a reboot. I have only received 1 reboot request in the past week for new Build 15.0.33.1409.

If you are seeing reboot requests after every virus definition update, something else is wrong. I would suggest trying a Repair of your BD installation.

Regards,

• Thanks!

I just installed the program a few days ago so maybe it was just asking me to reboot for program updates, which is normal. How do I know which build I am using? I looked everywhere and couldn't find the version number.

• Finding your Build number is explained in this pinned topic.

The update history for new Build releases can be found in this pinned topic.

Regards,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi and welcome to our forum.

Your current build should be 15.0.33.1409 (if you are using the US or the UK build).

Thank you.