Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts 2011 / File Encryption !

Options
B.DBIGFAN
edited October 2011 in Others

HI

My question(s) are about BDTS 2011 / file encryption ?!!

1- Can I install software/ programs inside file vault or it's only for documents ?!!

2- If I leave my file vault unlocked , my data inside the vault are protected or not ?!!

example : some threats like Trojan Horse / stealer was made to steal specific /some data ?

so let's say I've forgot or let it open unlocked whatever ?!!

is there any possibility that the Trojan would steal my data ?!!! or it's impossible ?!!

3- Can I transfer file vault to other PC and use it with BDTS 2011

4- Can I create file vault on removal media such as , usb drive or external hard disk ?

5- Is there a difference between file encryption in BDTS 2011 and file encryption in BDTS 2012 or they are the same ?!!

many thanks..

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

I will answer to our questions in that order:

1. It's not recommended to install software in the vault because it is not automatically loaded in the memory during startup. If one programs need to load some drivers with Windows, it will display the errors and it will not start.

We recommend you to put in the vault only standalone files(music, documents, videos, etc).

2. Your data is safe because the vault can only be access through Bitdefender. Even if the vault is opened, on the hard disk it looks just like a file.

3. Yes you can. You can also move you vault from one PC to another.

4. Yes you can do that too.

5. The file encryption has been updated in Bitdefender 2012, but don't worry, the protection level is the same.

Thank you.

• Hi and welcome to our forums.

I will answer to our questions in that order:

1. It's not recommended to install software in the vault because it is not automatically loaded in the memory during startup. If one programs need to load some drivers with Windows, it will display the errors and it will not start.

We recommend you to put in the vault only standalone files(music, documents, videos, etc).

2. Your data is safe because the vault can only be access through Bitdefender. Even if the vault is opened, on the hard disk it looks just like a file.

3. Yes you can. You can also move you vault from one PC to another.

4. Yes you can do that too.

5. The file encryption has been updated in Bitdefender 2012, but don't worry, the protection level is the same.

Thank you.

Cristi B Thank you so much , you did a great job...

I always put my trust in Bitdefender..

Regards

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Should you require any assistance, please post here.

Have a nice day.