Auto Update Not Working

I'm using BitDefender Total Security 2012 on Windows 7 64bit and since about a week the automatic update function is not working most of the time. Manually updating (using the weekly.exe from the BD website) worked only once.

Also, sometimes the autopilot is suddenly turned off. One time I wasn't able to get it back to "on", since it kept getting back to "off".

How can I fix the update function?

I've also got a .zip file created by the BD support tool, but I don't like uploading such a file on a forum.

Attachments: 2 screenshots

Thanks,

Bas

PS: a Dutch subforum like the other subforums would be nice.

post-79165-1319888483_thumb.jpg

post-79165-1319888517_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

Hi

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID: 201110311000602

I've sent you further instructions via email.

Thank you.

• Cristi,

I've followed the steps described in your email and everything seems to be working.

I'm awaiting the next couple of days to see if it keeps working.

Thanks for the quick and helpful response, I would never have guessed that Windows Family Safety was causing this.

Bas

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hi Bas

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.