Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis 2012 Privacy Control !

Options
B.DBIGFAN
edited November 2011 in Privacy

Hi

In prevues versions of Betdefender such as BIS 2011 , when I usually asked bitdefender to protect my email's password , I had to add my email's URL to exclusion , so betdefender would let me enter my email otherwise it would block the page ?!!!

My question is about privacy control in 2012 versions ?!!

there's no exclusion , so how bidefender would recognize my email's URL from other websites , I still don't get it ?!!!

Any explanation please?!

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi B.DBIGFAN

Please open Bitdefender, click on Settings and select the Privacy Control module.

Now, on the right side, select the Data protection tab.

Enable Data protection using the button on the right side and click on Add rule.

Now enter the data in the form, select password from the list and click Next. In the next screen, select all the Scanning protocols and create this rule for all the users.

Click Finish, close Bitdefender and all the programs and now reboot your machine.

Thank you.

• B.DBIGFAN
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hi B.DBIGFAN

Please open Bitdefender, click on Settings and select the Privacy Control module.

Now, on the right side, select the Data protection tab.

Enable Data protection using the button on the right side and click on Add rule.

Now enter the data in the form, select password from the list and click Next. In the next screen, select all the Scanning protocols and create this rule for all the users.

Click Finish, close Bitdefender and all the programs and now reboot your machine.

Thank you.

Cristi B Thank you so much for your quick response !!

My main question was why betdefender 2012 - privacy control - doesn't have exclusions like BIS 2011

I guess I got the answer ?!!

2011 versions were depending on blocking/preventing your sensitive data from being sent to internet !! so BIS 2011 has an exclusion for trusted sites ?!!

With 2012 versions , we have a different story ?!!

BD 2012 depends on encryption , all your data - personal information - is encrypted , so there's no need to block it ?!!

I guess BD developed the encryption method in 2012 versions so there's no need to block the sensitive data , because it's impossible to get theft even if you get a virus ?!!

Thank you so much

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

In Bitdefender 2012, exclusions for Data protection are no longer available.

If you want to protect your data, you shouldn't trust any site.

If you want to make an online transaction, please make sure that website is secured (http), temporary disable Data protection and make the transaction and after that enable it.

I will take your request in consideration and I will talk to our Dev team about this.

Thank you.