Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox 8 And Bitdefender Antiphishing Toolbar

Options
werby3
edited November 2011 in Antivirus

Hello

...and we are waiting again for fixing.

P S : Please do not suggest us to upgrade.

THX in advance.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

The AntiSpam / AntiPhishing incompatibility with Thunderbird 8 / Firefox 8 was reported to our Dev. Team when the 2 product updates were released. They are working on the update and it should be released soon.

Thank you.

• Hello

...They are working on the update and it should be released soon.

Hi

I hope you mean this year :D

You guys do the best you can to make us go away...

Regards

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Our developers are working on this.

The update should be released soon. Thank you for your support.

Take care.

• werby3
    edited December 2011
    Options

...and we are still waiting...

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

Firefox 9 was released today, I have posted a request for this too, when the update will be released maybe it will be for both versions.

Thank you.

• Anti-spam & antiphishing toolbar of BitDefender Antivirus 2012 is working on my Firefox 9.0.

At first I was bugged by constant pop-up of "certificate error" but I managed to put an exception and anti-phishing toolbar can be seen now in my browser and is working.

Here is how I do it:

1. On Firefox menu click "Tools" - "Options" - "Advance" - "Encryption" - "View Certificates"

2. Certificate Manager window will appear, click "Servers" - "Add Exception"

3. Add Security Exception window will appear, in the box "Location" enter https://us.data.toolbar.yahoo.com, click "Get Certificate"

4. Ignore whatever warning written there, make sure to tick checkbox of "Permanently store this exception" then click "Confirm Security Exception"

5. OK and restart Firefox.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

The toolbar from Bitdefender 2012 is compatible with All versions of Firefox, and the one from Bitdefender 2011 will be soon.

Thank you for your feedback.

Happy New Year!

• danalcantara
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hello

The toolbar from Bitdefender 2012 is compatible with All versions of Firefox, and the one from Bitdefender 2011 will be soon.

Thank you for your feedback.

Happy New Year!

I am using licensed BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2012 and the same issue happened. There is certificate error in Firefox 8 & Firefox 9 for Bitdefender antiphishing toolbar. I solved that by following the procedure I posted above. I am trying to help here so if there are users who are also experiencing such problem you can try my solution. I think it will work on any bitdefender version.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

The discussion about certificates in Bitdefender 2012 will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=31539&hl=

Thank you.

• I have waited for a long time since Firefox 8 came out with the notice that BitDefender Toolbar is incompatible with the current browser. But now, still, there isn't a solution to this problem. Don't tell us to purchase the newer version of antivirus software, and really,I was always encouraging people around me to purchase BitDefender as the antivirus software just as I am, thinking that it has a great attitude in service and solving problems, but now I am disappointed. It's been 3 months, and the technical team still didn't come out a way to fix this, how come?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I will not tell to purchase the newer version and also, the free upgrade is optional.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=211&id=42

Our developers have worked on this compatibility issue, but Mozilla released Firefox 9 and Thunderbird 9 last month. They are working to include these in the update, that's why the update was not released yet. But it will be released soon.

Thank you for your feedback. Take care.

This discussion has been closed.