Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2012 General Problems & Issues

Options

Hello,

I purchased the BitDefender 2012 Internet Security on August 30th, 2011. In the beginning I was pleased with it and I was surprised with the negative comments I had read here in the forum. Now, almost 3 months later, I am not a happy camper.

* My computer is slow to boot up sometimes, but not all the time. It changes from day to day.

I never know what to expect.

* Sometimes my mouse and keyboard don't work

* Sometimes I get asked to re-allow things by the Firewall that I already allowed.

I was told by someone here in the forum to make an exception to these processes but they are .exe files.

If I create a rule for .exe than won't all .exe files just skate by? I'm confused about that one.

* Now, just this past weekend, my desktop went blank to the default color and wouldn't display the background I normally use.

This was on Sunday. Saturday, it was fine and then on Monday it was fine. So far this week it has also been fine. But Sunday.... No!

Video card specs are in my signature line.

* Also I cannot access my sound card. I don't use the one on the Motherboard. Sound card specs are also in my signature line.

* I have programs freezing up on me!

I feel like my computer is possessed! I never had these problems before installing BitDefender.

I am disgusted and I don't know what to do about it.

It's too late to get a refund and I was really liking the program at first.

I don't want to go back to AVG.

Right now my Sys Tray is frozen...

Thank goodness I have more than one computer.

Comments

• I agree! Technical Support are you paying attention?!! It appears you have SEVERAL problems with your BitDefender 2012 software. There are at least five different threads on this Forum indicating similar problems with BitDefender 2012. I am experiencing the same occurrences. The slowdown also seems directly related to the BitDefender Total Security 2012 and specifically it's recent updates. I have two laptops with (Windows 7 & Windows Vista) both 64 bit using BitDefender TS 2012 and both using IE9...neither of which were having any problems with internet browsing until recently with no other changes to the systems with the exception of the BitDefender updates. Its fairly obvious the problem is with your software and not Web browser(s) software or functionality, add-ons, or other third party software.Instead of the plausible deniability and casting blame on web browser(s) software or functionality, add-ons, or other third party software; how about determining the real root cause(s), forumulate positive and lasting correction action/solution(s), and get them out to the customers ASAP! The guesses and excuses are getting a little old.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.