Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Resizable Interface

Options

I've tried BitDefender antivirus products since 2009 and I must admit that this is one of the best commercial antivirus software out there. However, I've only tried the products on a desktop environment with a monitor (obviously) that could show the whole interface with no problem at all; that's where the problem arose on BitDefender AV 2012 especially on Netbooks. Due to a Netbooks miniaturized overall looks as compared to a laptop, it's not surprising that a Netbook would have a relatively smaller screen. Having a smaller screen wouldn't be a problem if only it can be scrolled vertically; but that's not the case when you're viewing an interface outside the scrolling environment and an interface mainly designed as mainly vertical would pose problem -- it did, at least on a netbook. I have BitDefender AV 2012 installed on my brother's Netbook and have been trying to configure a customized setting somewhere on the AV interface when I stumbled upon a vertical interface on which it's lower portion can't be accessed nor seen due to the Netbook screen's limited height; thus configuring the setting to our preference is nulled since I can't scroll further down just to press an "OK" button. Given that scenario, I'd like to recommend a resizable interface or at least make the interface less vertical and more horizontal for those devices that are of very limited range in terms of display.

Comments

• Just encountered the exact same problem. I couldn't modify the last section of the Custom Antivirus On-access settings without changing the resolution of my display from 1024x600 to 1024x768. I am able to move the settings window but as soon as I release the mouse button the window re-centers.

This really should be fixed.

• I've tried BitDefender antivirus products since 2009 and I must admit that this is one of the best commercial antivirus software out there. However, I've only tried the products on a desktop environment with a monitor (obviously) that could show the whole interface with no problem at all; that's where the problem arose on BitDefender AV 2012 especially on Netbooks. Due to a Netbooks miniaturized overall looks as compared to a laptop, it's not surprising that a Netbook would have a relatively smaller screen. Having a smaller screen wouldn't be a problem if only it can be scrolled vertically; but that's not the case when you're viewing an interface outside the scrolling environment and an interface mainly designed as mainly vertical would pose problem -- it did, at least on a netbook. I have BitDefender AV 2012 installed on my brother's Netbook and have been trying to configure a customized setting somewhere on the AV interface when I stumbled upon a vertical interface on which it's lower portion can't be accessed nor seen due to the Netbook screen's limited height; thus configuring the setting to our preference is nulled since I can't scroll further down just to press an "OK" button. Given that scenario, I'd like to recommend a resizable interface or at least make the interface less vertical and more horizontal for those devices that are of very limited range in terms of display.

Hi,

Tell me which Operating system you are using in your NeetBook ?

Go to the desktop, right click, properties. Then you want to go to the end tab which is settings, and the screen resolution is the slider bar.

• Bitsmasher
    edited November 2011
    Options

I'm using Windows XP pro.

Thanks

• rootkit
    Options

Hello guys :)

I've made a feature request especially for netbooks and larger screens.

All the data was sent to our developers.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day.