Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank You, Cristi And The Bd Crew!

Options

I'd like to commend BD for their assistance in resolving a problem about which I ranted rather energetically: after a reformat/reinstall of WindowsXP, I wanted to reinstall my copy of Internet Security 2010 (with 100 or so days remaining) which I had grown to love and on which I relied for the security of my system for almost 2 years; however, when I entered the license key, it was declared invalid! Well, naked on the net isn't good so I bought 2012 since I needed the security. To my dismay, 2012 had seemingly taken away all of the firewall management tools on which I'd relied to control tracking cookies from Omniture's 2o7.net (the worst since it disappears into the registry or HDD or somewhere and defies removal), admdt, secure-worldwide, doubleclick and all other "clicks", and any cookies from facebook and twitter which seem to be waiting in ambush on every website. So, I uninstalled 2012 and reinstalled 2010 (license key suddenly valid??) but, to my further dismay, the GUI looked a lot like the one to which I objected in 2012 (no firewall management tools).

The happy ending began when I discovered that "expert mode" gave me back my tools and, now, I'm back to denying access to all sorts of evil things. I wonder if there was an "expert mode" in 2012 ... The crowning moment came when BD offered to invalidate my 2012 key and apply the days of validity to my 2010 license.

I don't take kindly to changes in GUI - I'm a SecondLifer and Linden Labs has continued to fiddle with what was a product I liked; Firefox continues to astound me with the complexity of the interface in each iteration (it too has taken away my ability to look at the cookies deposited on my system) with no discernible improvement in my ability to use it. I don't like developers' attempts to simplify an application and I like the user-intensive interface if it gives me more control. I do kinda miss the precision of MS-DOS commands ... lol. The AutoPilot in 2012 didn't impress me ... one has no idea what's going on and I hate to be second-guessed even if it "simplifies" something. Ditto for auto-completion.

Anyway, I have never lost faith in the effectiveness of the BD security suites and my quarrel has been with the interface. My admiration for their willingness to help me resolve a problem not of my making has increased their goodwill immensely. I can think of no other major producer of comparable products willing to cooperate as they have.

Thanks, again, Cristi and crew!

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Take care.