Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Problem

Options

BD Internet security 2012. Vsserv.exe is massively overactive hogging all resources on Vista SP2. On Reliability & Performance Monitor, 3000 'hard faults per minute in Memory, uses masses of CPU and on many days have a 'stopped working issue'. Had BD for 4 years now and note similar problem on forum going back 3 or 4 years. Also, Vista freezes randomly (no mouse, no keyboard; must power off) - new problem since BD 2012 installation. Fix required please.

Comments

• BD Internet security 2012. Vsserv.exe is massively overactive hogging all resources on Vista SP2. On Reliability & Performance Monitor, 3000 'hard faults per minute in Memory, uses masses of CPU and on many days have a 'stopped working issue'. Had BD for 4 years now and note similar problem on forum going back 3 or 4 years. Also, Vista freezes randomly (no mouse, no keyboard; must power off) - new problem since BD 2012 installation. Fix required please.

Hi,

Please make sure that your antivirus is up to date and if still your problem persist then contact Bit defender Technical support center .

• Hi may be due to some others reason utilization are too high ,

first please update all the hotfix and BT database then scan on safe mode may solve your problem.

• For many years BD has had this same old error & problem, read past forums is the living proof that BD is a complete shambles.

Tech support Ha Ha Ha! What is that .CERTAINLY NOT a department that does anything in regards to overcoming the problems that come from the customers......WHO PAY THEIR WAGES.

Best solultion to this problem is to UN-INSTALL & go else wher.. Kaperasky is very good..READ THEIR FORUMS to see for your self, problems are quickly overcome there. NOt at BD same old junk just a different day.

• BD Internet security 2012. Vsserv.exe is massively overactive hogging all resources on Vista SP2. On Reliability & Performance Monitor, 3000 'hard faults per minute in Memory, uses masses of CPU and on many days have a 'stopped working issue'. Had BD for 4 years now and note similar problem on forum going back 3 or 4 years. Also, Vista freezes randomly (no mouse, no keyboard; must power off) - new problem since BD 2012 installation. Fix required please.

I am pleased to note that other people are noticing that BD has had they same problems for 3 - 4 years.

It is unfortunate that BD Tech support can not READ & SEE the same & bring it to thier on attention.

I recommend a fix that works every time with BD...UN-INSTALL the heap of CONSTANT RUBBISH...& use another AV program as I have on all but one of my PC's. The Final un-install is going to take place very soon now, I have been PLAYING around trying to overcome the many issues I have had with it.

I am un aware of any permanent fix (Across the board that is) that BD have come up with, they may have a accidental WIN on someones PC but that does not fix all the others out here.

At least my FIX works 100% & you won't become frustrated or waste alot of your own time, which can be put to better use.

NO Doubt I'll get my wrist slapped for being HONEST with this inadequate product.

• HI mik 60 ,

yes you are right, but BTDS already released hot fix for that,please update the hot fix problem will solved .

if need any more help please get back to us.

• I'm having the same issue

Windows XP, and vsserv.exe is using all the CPU cycles.

Technical support please help. I have 30 day money back and from the responses here, it does not look like you have acknowledged an issue or a fix.

Thanks

• I'm having the same issue

Windows XP, and vsserv.exe is using all the CPU cycles.

Technical support please help. I have 30 day money back and from the responses here, it does not look like you have acknowledged an issue or a fix.

Thanks

It's now 15 yes 15 days since the orginal post was opened with NO COMMENTS from tech support.

This speaks volumes as to the ability & response of tech support & the program it's self.

I ask myself how many other unsatisfied customes have asked this same question over the years & yet BD still has NOT got a permanent solution.

My previous comment on this post has the PERFECT SOLUTION....Works everytime!!!!!

• It's now 15 yes 15 days since the orginal post was opened with NO COMMENTS from tech support.

This speaks volumes as to the ability & response of tech support & the program it's self.

I ask myself how many other unsatisfied customes have asked this same question over the years & yet BD still has NOT got a permanent solution.

My previous comment on this post has the PERFECT SOLUTION....Works everytime!!!!!

Only just the other day i decided to try BD TS and my i was very dissapointed, i had constant issues with firefox slow loading and freezing ect which my KIS 2012 did not have any problems with.

Why though is this BD is rated no 1 in top ten antivirus tests? thats the only reason i decided to try this software.

Within a few hours and no response from anyone on this forum i uninstalled this S**T and installed my Kaspersky IS 2012 back on my system, i will stick with these now as never had such issues.

I will never in the future use this pile of crap BD TS again.

P.S Oh and the TECH SUPPORT ###### here!!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hi guys :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

This discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30323

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.