Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

bro act...

Options

My computer is being infected by a new malacious virus called the Bro

Act virus.It got into my computer by a thumb drive/flash drive. Unable

to clean it using bitdefender..as bitdefender Antivirus dissappears immediately

upon clicking on its icon. I cant click google if written 'virus' in

the search box.The browser dissapears immediately!!!

How can I remove this virus???? Where can I get a small programme which

can remove this virus...

Help. :huh:

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi nemesix

How do you know that you have that infection? Did you perform an online scan? Could you please post which scanner you used? Some onlinescanners or security programs are rogue software that find stuff which isn't on your pc.

To solve your second problem try this go to start,my computer,doubleclick on the icon of your hard disc or partition where windows is installed on. Open the folder windows,system 32,drivers,etc Rightclick on the HOSTS file choose open with for wordpad. Now look you may not find any references after 127.0.0.1 or any other ip-address where a site of an antvirus vendor is written after because otherwise that is blocked. Just remove the line. Now you must be able to visit security sites again.

Regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Hi nemesix

Could you please take a look in your windows subfolder system 32 if you find a file called BrO-AcT.exe ?

Try to compress that file and upload it and add to your next post. You must protect the compressed file with the following password : infected. Try also this boot your pc into safe mode by pressing several times on the f8 button before the windows loading screen. Then choose for safe mode. After that go to start,run,at the run dialog box type cmd press enter. Then type the follow commands after each you have to press on enter:

%SystemDrive%

cd %ProgramFiles%Common FilesSoftwinBitDefender Scan Server

Here are the commands what you want that BitDefender do with infected files:

To disinfect the infected files type the command:

bdc /files /boot /arc /mail /log=bdcscan.log /fixed /dis

To quarantine the infected files type the command:

bdc /files /boot /arc /mail /log=bdcscan.log /fixed /move /moves

To delete the infected files type the command:

bdc /files /boot /arc /mail /log=bdcscan.log /fixed /del

Regards

Niels

• nemesix
    Options

i hv format my window...1st i use brontok removal on safe mode...it detect win32.bro A@mm and delete it..but after i on my computer again it move again....then i delete my program file+window to forma it..u think this virus still on my system?

• Niels
    Options

Hi nemesix

Formatting a hard disc is the latest solution you try. But you have done that already. Normally when you format well everything is deleted including viruses.

Regards

Niels