Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.generic.7017515

Options

Folks my machine is scanned on a regular basis today the quick scan said it found 7 of the following Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin2.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin3.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin4.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin5.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin6.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin7.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

It said I am suppose to contact bitdefender to fix the problem

Thoughts suggestions

Pete

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi there :)

Please read this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31001

It's a False Positive and detection was removed. Please wait for the update servers to be synchronized.

Thank you.

• Folks my machine is scanned on a regular basis today the quick scan said it found 7 of the following Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin2.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin3.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin4.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin5.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin6.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

QuickScan:C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\npqtplugin7.dll Trojan.Generic.7017515

It said I am suppose to contact bitdefender to fix the problem

Thoughts suggestions

Pete

Trojan.Generic.7017515 is a Apple QuickTime Plugin from Internet Explorer/Firefox.The bit defender team is synchronizing(right now) the Servers now . Try scan once and check if it is still detecting.

• Trojan.Generic.7017515 is a Apple QuickTime Plugin from Internet Explorer/Firefox.The bit defender team is synchronizing(right now) the Servers now . Try scan once and check if it is still detecting.

I have updated but it is still showing I will try again later

Thanks for the response

Pete

• I have updated but it is still showing I will try again later

Thanks for the response

Pete

Chris,

Although you state that it has been removed, it has not been removed for your users (me in particular). I have done repeated manual updates and still this false positive persists.

Please resolve this ASAP.

Regards

• I have updated but it is still showing I will try again later

Thanks for the response

Pete

Mine is still detecting the same virus but we are assured that as soon as the update is installed we will get clear scan reports! we just have to be patient I suppose! -_-

• It is now 15:00 GMT and I am still receiving the same false Trojan reports

• I've just done the manual update, but I still get the virus warning. I fear it's not fixed yet.

• Sue23
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mine is still detecting the same virus but we are assured that as soon as the update is installed we will get clear scan reports! we just have to be patient I suppose! -_-

What particularly concerns me is that before I found this Forum I had no idea that this trojan was a false positive! I reported the problem to Bitfefender and the notice appeared on my screen that they had collected the information and will advise me how to proceed this was at 10am GMT it is now 15.16pm! and I still have not received any notification from the support team so would have been none the wiser if the threat was real or not! Sorry to moan but repsonses to such viruses need to be dealt with a little bit quicker in my opinion. :(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hello

Please note that the current situation was solved.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=129790

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.