Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Seem To Uninstall Bd Antivirus For Mac?

Options

I have researched all the posts I can find on uninstalling BitDefender Antivirus for Mac, and googled the subject as well. I ran the install package again because I remember seeing the Uninstall Package that what was part of the original install. However, after running the Uninstall package, all it seems to do is re-load the original Program all over again. I do not see the same screens as shown on Bitdefenders website regarding uninstalling the Program. Rather, all I get is a congratulations that the Program was successfully installed.

I am at a complete loss as to how I am going to uninstall this Program. I have written Support and am currently waiting for a response.

Anyone else needing to uninstall the Program run into problems such as the one I am running into?

Thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please read this article for further information:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Removin...or-Mac-661.html

Thank you.

• Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please read this article for further information:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Removin...or-Mac-661.html

Thank you.

Christian, I have tried that many many times, but always with the same result. When I double click on the Uninstaller, it goes through the motions, but the supposed apple ****** is never invoked (for lack of a better description). Nothing ever happens... the Program does NOT uninstall, which leads me suspect that there is a problem with the uninstall package. I have sent emails in regarding this problem, and all I receive is a note to run the uninstaller package.

Perhaps the problem may be at my end relating to the fact that the supposed apple ****** never seems to "run"? Is there some setting on my MacBook Pro that would somehow prevent an apple ****** from running? In any case, I have had to resort to reverting back to a previous Time Machine backup when I did not have BD AV for Mac installed. :(

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products.

I will make a notification to our Mac to further investigate the current situation.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. Have a great weekend.

• Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products.

I will make a notification to our Mac to further investigate the current situation.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. Have a great weekend.

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. No matter how many times I run the BD Uninstaller, it doesn't actually do anything but go through the motions of installing the BD Uninstaller. I really need some help here.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Have you downloaded the image again from our website?

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.