Bitdefender Mobile Security For Android

Hello!

Where can I see how often is program updated, and number of signatures in database or version of updates? I can't see if program is updated to the latest version! I can't find SIM Matching? Why program doesn't know to turn on GPS on demand?

Regards,

izi

Comments

• Hello Izi

Do you have installed the freeware version or the payed one?

Thank you.

• Hello Izi

Do you have installed the freeware version or the payed one?

Thank you.

Freeware version with 14 days premium subscriptions.

• Welcome back Izi :)

Let me answer to your questions now:

1. We do not display the virus signatures in the product because there's no need to. All the interrogations are made in cloud, the database is stored on our servers.

2. All applications are updated via Android Market. So our software is up to date.

3. In this version we do not provide SIM Matching. I will make a feature request on your behalf regarding this.

Regarding the GPS, we are not allowed to change settings on your device without your permission. During the installation the user is informed that some settings have to be made in order for the application to function properly. Also, we provide location services via Wi-Fi and 3G so the GPS module is not mandatory.

Thank you.

• Welcome back Izi :)

Let me answer to your questions now:

1. We do not display the virus signatures in the product because there's no need to. All the interrogations are made in cloud, the database is stored on our servers.

2. All applications are updated via Android Market. So our software is up to date.

3. In this version we do not provide SIM Matching. I will make a feature request on your behalf regarding this.

Regarding the GPS, we are not allowed to change settings on your device without your permission. During the installation the user is informed that some settings have to be made in order for the application to function properly. Also, we provide location services via Wi-Fi and 3G so the GPS module is not mandatory.

Thank you.

Thank you for answers.

Is protection the same with signatures in the cloud. Could you explain this signatures in the cloud a little more.

• Welcome back

I will try to explain it in a few words(short story :) ).

All the signatures are kept on our servers. When a new malware is discovered, the guys fro our lab signed and the update is uploaded on the servers. From that moment, all the customers are protected against that malware. You do have to wait for server synchronization or mirroring to locally download the virus signatures. Also, if a new application is discovered ion your devices, our product creates an unique hash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function) and sends it in the cloud to our servers. It is checked and scanned(I am taking here about milliseconds) and the answer is send to your device. If that application/file is malicious, Bitdefender Mobile Security will stop it. If not, you can safely open it.

All this time, the phone must be connected to the internet(3G, Wi-Fi). The traffic is very low(a few KB per session).

By using cloud definitions, we reduced time response and the application is much more lighter.

Thank you.

• Welcome back

I will try to explain it in a few words(short story :) ).

All the signatures are kept on our servers. When a new malware is discovered, the guys fro our lab signed and the update is uploaded on the servers. From that moment, all the customers are protected against that malware. You do have to wait for server synchronization or mirroring to locally download the virus signatures. Also, if a new application is discovered ion your devices, our product creates an unique hash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function) and sends it in the cloud to our servers. It is checked and scanned(I am taking here about milliseconds) and the answer is send to your device. If that application/file is malicious, Bitdefender Mobile Security will stop it. If not, you can safely open it.

All this time, the phone must be connected to the internet(3G, Wi-Fi). The traffic is very low(a few KB per session).

By using cloud definitions, we reduced time response and the application is much more lighter.

Thank you.

Thank you Christian! I like to test software before I will buy it. This is reason why I have so many questions. ;) Sorry.

Does it Web security also use cloud definitions? Why Bitdefender Mobile want to scan every 20 hours (look attachment)?

Regards,

Iztok

post-84838-1324403896_thumb.png

• Welcome back Izi

All definitions from the product are in cloud.

I am currently investigating the current situation and I will get back to you with an answer.

Could you please tell me what smartphone do you have? Which version of Android is currently running on it?

Thank you.

• Welcome back Izi

All definitions from the product are in cloud.

I am currently investigating the current situation and I will get back to you with an answer.

Could you please tell me what smartphone do you have? Which version of Android is currently running on it?

Thank you.

Hello!

I have Samsung Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.3.

• Welcome back.

Please tell me, have you installed our application recently?

Please go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Bitdefender Mobile Security>Force stop then press Clear data.

After that, uninstall it and reinstall it from the Market.

Let me know if this solved the issue. Thank you.

• Welcome back.

Please tell me, have you installed our application recently?

Please go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Bitdefender Mobile Security>Force stop then press Clear data.

After that, uninstall it and reinstall it from the Market.

Let me know if this solved the issue. Thank you.

Bitdefender was reinstalled and after 2 days I need run full scan again. Is this normal?

post-84838-1324715188_thumb.png

• Hello

If you sign out of you account or you devices receives a product update for Bitdefender Mobile, that alert is normal.

It's a security measure in case new application were installed and they were not scanned by our product.

Happy Holidays!