Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry This Application Cannot Run Under A Virtual Machine

Options

Salaam,,,

i just installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 trial version

but now some software when i want to run it this message appears to me "sorry this application cannot run under a virtual machine"

i don't know whats wrong, also when the full scanning finished, total infected was around 110, but there is alot of files that was deleted i use it already, most of them are games files, i was using KIS before and non of those files was detected, also there is only 7 files that i can restore, other files i dont know how to restore them.

Comments

• Salaam,,,

i just installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 trial version

but now some software when i want to run it this message appears to me "sorry this application cannot run under a virtual machine"

i don't know whats wrong, also when the full scanning finished, total infected was around 110, but there is alot of files that was deleted i use it already, most of them are games files, i was using KIS before and non of those files was detected, also there is only 7 files that i can restore, other files i dont know how to restore them.

problem solved after removing Bitdefender Internet Security 2012

but all files was removed by Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 gone

• csalgau
    Options

Regretfully I did not quite understand the problem regarding your deleted files. A log would have been useful for that situation.

Regarding the 'software not running in a virtual machine' part, we currently use something that could have this effect as part of our Active Virus Control feature, but have not heard of such problems until now. Could you please provide me with some names and versions of applications or games that have given out this warning?

Thank you.

• I too, have this problem. I am using the Internet Security 2012. The application that I found this problem is on a program called iw5sp.exe, (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3) and generals.exe, shockwave.exe (Generals Shockwave Mod for Zero Hour).

I have tried to reinstall and format my computer and thought this problem is fixed though, but it seems not.

I also tried to reinstall the game and added them into either Exception List and Game Mode, but the error 'this application cannot run in the virtual machine' still appears, other games like #### Manager 12, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit seems fine.

Except that, I cannot recover the files deleted by Active Virus Control too (through AutoPilot Mode).

Any solution for this is appreciated!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi guys :)

Have you tried to create generic exclusions for those files?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Thank you.

• hey...

i did everything u said with the Antivirus and Firewall, but still the problem {Sorry This Application Cannot Run Under A Virtual Machine} wanna fight with me!!!!

:unsure:

Bitdefender Total Security 2013