Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender + Free Malwarebytes Compatible?

Options

Hello! I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2012 a week ago and I'm very satisfied from the program so far. Can I also install the free version of Malwarebytes to scan on demand occassionaly or it'll be a conflict with Bitdefender? Before installing Bitdefender, it prompted me to uninstall the previous free version of Malwarebytes. Thank you :rolleyes:

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hi traba,

Here is a post from this thread:

Hi :)

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

In the current situation, if you don't encounter any issue, do NOT install any other anti-malware products.

Thank you.

Most of the Security (Suite) software are checking for other vendors software to avoid install, performance conflicts. I know that the version your talking about is the free "on demand" Malwarebytes, but according to Chris, may be an issue. Until someone here can definitively say you will not have any issues, I would just use a online scanner for a second opinion (of course disabling Bitdefender's On Access Scanning until the scan is completed) I know F-Secure's online scanner is through the browser, Java enabled, so there is no "install" as with some of the other online scanners.

• columbo, thank you very much for your reply. I'll not install Malwarebytes free till an official reply from Bitdefender team. My wishes to all of you for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• rootkit
    Options

Hello guys :)

The answer is the same for this case too.

Actually, the quoted answer is an official response posted by me last week.

Thank you. Happy Holidays!

• Ok, thank you Christian. Happy Holidays!

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

Thank you for your feedback.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Happy Holidays!

This discussion has been closed.