Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefeneder Total Security 2011 Problem. Help!

Options
hunterz
edited December 2011 in Antivirus

Well let me try to make it short. I have a problem recently with Bitdefender. My computer started to act strange after a probably security update from Bitdefender. My pc was giving me at boot up a option to choose a hardware profile, because of some hardware issue which I don't have . Shows only one profile to choose from "Profile1". I got completely blocked to enter to safe mode even. I was thinking it is a virus. So I booted from the Bitdefender rescue cd. It wouldn't even let me step on any other option on the CD menu but "boot from harddrive" I did try other programs to find the virus but none did. So I had enough and did format my harddrive re-installed a fresh windows xp. Everything was working fine until I re-installed Bitdefender. After installation Bitdefender did the usually update and the problem occurred again. I did uninstall bitdefender than the problem stop. At this point I don't know what is going on. Is it a kind of virus what can survive a harddrive formating, and messing with me or Bitdefender has a issue on my PC. I'm a Bitdefender user for over 3 years and had no issue like this before. I would appreciate some experts help. Thanks

Comments

• Unbelievable.

My nearly new 2 months old keyboard was the defective. Overseas junk. Anyway I will give a full update after the system update and Bitdefender update.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Have you tried our new product Bitdefender 2012?

We would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=210&id=42

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.