Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis 2012 Causing Bsod, Usb Failures, Etc.

Options

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

Short version: I installed BIS 2012 on a W7 Professional machine not too long ago as well as on two other machines. Everything was basically fine. A small problem was solved for me by Support. Now I have a big problem. Tried to install software for a Kodak printer on this and on a couple of other machines. Success on one (a Windows 7 Home Premium machine), failure on this one, and didn't attempt it on the third, an XP machine. The problems with this machine included BSODs, slowdowns, and an inexplicable failures of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (especially USB 3.0) functionality resulting in a loss of communications with some of my peripherals.

I've at least temporarily removed BIS 2012 from this machine and gone back to my prior security software. I'd like to reinstall and use BIS 2012 since I have almost the full 2 years of my subscription remaining.

After removal of BIS 2012 on the W7 Professional machine all the problems disappeared! The Kodak printer is working fine.

Before removal I tried repair installations of BIS 2012 and full removal/reinstallation several times.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome to our forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Christian,

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for some insights from the forum figuring that I haven't been the only one with this type of problem.

I'm strongly disinclined to reload BIS 2012 at this juncture without having some expectation that a solution could be found reasonably soon.

So, for the time being, BIS 2012 stays off of the affected machine. I may end up installing it onto a laptop or holding onto it until I see something that leads me to believe that a workable solution has been found or at least is in the offing.

Sincerely,

Technophobe

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.36.1530(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

• Hi :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.36.1530(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

This sounds like the usual BD problems arising once again with the standard solutions, there has been a new update issued. GREAT but it doesent fix the continuous problems we keep getting with BD over the years Same old problems ...Same old solutions...Still the Same old weak excuses....I when they get a little home truth's about the quality of BD products. WHAT DO THEY DO CLOSE THE FORUM COMMENTS..SO ...THIS HELPS the orginal person with the problems immensly ..He still has the problem & his comments are disgracefully BLOCKED.

I have watched this happen frequently See previous CLOSED issues.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Actually we do fix things. That's why in some cases, I post on the topics after a product update is released.

In this way, I know for sure if the fix solves the issue or not.

Some issues are solved just by another version of a module that is integrated in a product update.

Thank you.