Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vmware 8 No Internet Access On Win7 X64

Options

Hi,

Product used: Bitdefender Internet Security 2012

Please help as I have searched the forum tried everything but on vmware 8 installed on windows 7 x64 I am unable to use internet on windows xp. The only time it works is if firewall and anti virus are turned off. Please advise how to make sure internet is not blocked on windows xp running on vmware 8!!

Thanks and Regards,

Dilmeet

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi Dilmeet

Welcome to our forums.

Could you please tell how to you connect to the internet on the real machine? Do you have a wireless connection? Do you used proxy?

Do you have another security solution installed in the virtual machine?

Thank you.

• Hi Dilmeet

Welcome to our forums.

Could you please tell how to you connect to the internet on the real machine? Do you have a wireless connection? Do you used proxy?

Do you have another security solution installed in the virtual machine?

Thank you.

Hi,

I connect via LAN and the the virtual machine has avg anti virus installed. No proxy usd.

Thanks

Dilmeet

• According to this website, you need to turn off stealth on your network adapter in Bitdefender.

I don't know witch version of BitDefender they are using in the review and if there is a better way to do this with BitDefender 2012.

Source: http://www.bitdefenderreview.com/bitdefender-vmware/

It work for me with BitDefender IS 2012 and VmWare server 1.0 /Win XP

• Factory47
    edited January 2012
    Options

With stealth enable in BitDefender I get this error when trying to access google.com from Win XP inside vmware.

Firewall log with option "Increase Log Verbosity" ON.

2012/01/03 15:00:21.271 [bDFW] [FILTER] Blocked packet for / from closed port because of stealth settings. Direction: Outbound, Local Address: 192.168.0.161:1081, Remote Address: 74.125.115.104:80, Protocol: 6, Local Packet: 0, PID: -1, Process: , Cmd. Line: .

• With stealth enable in BitDefender I get this error when trying to access google.com from Win XP inside vmware.

Firewall log with option "Increase Log Verbosity" ON.

2012/01/03 15:00:21.271 [bDFW] [FILTER] Blocked packet for / from closed port because of stealth settings. Direction: Outbound, Local Address: 192.168.0.161:1081, Remote Address: 74.125.115.104:80, Protocol: 6, Local Packet: 0, PID: -1, Process: , Cmd. Line: .

Tried all steps earlier still no success. If I disable firewall and anitvirus internet works fine on vm 8. have uninstalled avg security on guest os

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.37.1560(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.