Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Missing The Old Icon And S Few Questions - Firefox Toolbar, Autoscan Settings...

Options

I recently updated to BDIS 2012 and was really dissapointed not having the familiar icon in the taskbar - that B in my taskbar just doesn't look right after so many years spent with the red ball (I'm using BDIS since 2006 - very satisfied, apart from some troubles about a year ago)

Is there a way to change it?

Is the Firefox toolbar issue going to be resolved any time soon. As I found out at the forums, it's going on for months now, and still hasn't been resolved. I'm not using Auto Pilot, and have the toolbar, advisor and SSL scan set to off, but antiphising and fraud protection are on, and I still have to enable and then disable the toolbar for each session to get rid of the code beneath - really not developer friendly.

Another question:

Why do I have so many "Autoscan settings changed" events listed under Virus Scan events? Is it related to inserting USB drives, entering the game mode, or the update process - there is no explanation of what exactly was changed related to autoscan settings.

Where did the "Save your settings" option go?

An in general, I liked it much more when I could set the operation mode to "expert" and see at once what is going on - it is to complicated now to get to the firewall application and adapter rules.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi vespera,

Like you I have been using B.D. for awhile, in my case on and off since v.9. My favorite was v.10, one of the best, most stable (as far as I remember) versions with the right click/options and settings I appreciated as you did also. I also like the red theme. Yet allot of software vendors for around the last 2 years seem to be tweaking and changing to try to be all things to all people, simple main UI, with more of the settings underneath. B.D. does get some pretty good reviews for it's antiphishing protection, so for now, I get by with it.

Here is a link to a fix Christian came up for the Auto Scan Settings Changed issue you posted. See this thread and Christians fix on post #80. It worked for me, and others here, until they fully resolve it.

• As what you are telling it seems that you used BD for a less time,because this are the common features available always here.May be possible there is some up gradation of the display settings,but overall the same settings still exist here

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Take care.