Incompatibility Of Bd And Firefox Extensions

Many post described these problems. A solution is upgrade to BD 2011 or later (?). Tried to obtain support in reporting the problem to French support.

No acknoldgement received after 3 days. Not very serious !

The good news is that there is an excellent uninstall tool on the BD site. After running this program and restarting, my Firefox worked like a charm.

This means that I say Good Bye to Bit Defender which has been successfully replaced by Microsoft Security Essential.

Hope this post will not be censored.

Comments

• Assuming you are referring to a product in our 2010 range, those are no longer supported and have not/will not be tested and updates will not be provided(unless critically needed) for problems that arise from use in conjunction with third-party products outside their lifespan.

One possible solution to this problem is to downgrade your version of Mozilla Firefox to a version supported in that timeframe(below 4.0 I believe), which should work as expected.

Please note that upgrades to newer version are free to the same product edition and for better protection we highly encourage users to switch.

As for support, I believe queries from your geographical region should be addressed to our German colleagues, but I can make no informed comment on the lack of response.

• Thanks for your comments on BD support. I bought on October 13, 2009 Bit Defender Internal Security 2010 3 PC's Renew 3 years. I would have expected that this product would be automatically update when necessary, particularly when a know problem exist and a solution exist by upgrading.

The problem is aggravated by a lack of respond received from the site on which the product was automatically registred. A CUSTOMER does not have to search by him self a responsive support site.

For me BD is out for this computer and for the 2 others if a problem arise.

Regards

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

Welcome back

The automatic upgrade in not available in our product just for one reason: some machine do not meet the minimal system requirements to run the latest product version.

In this case, the company took the decision to make the upgrade to the latest version Free and optional.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=190&id=42

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Take care.