Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Vault Password

Options

Hi!

I have forgotten my password for a file vault. Is there a way to "unlock" it, either by reseting or recovering the password?

I am not sure if i enter the wrong password. Is it possile that it does not open, because of a re-installation of BTS12 i have made?

Thx.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi John

Welcome to our forums.

It is not possible to reset or recover the password for security reasons. All the data from the vault is safe and encrypted.

Please try to remember the password. Use all the combination that you remember(start with your email password and continue with the log on password).

Thank you.

• Hi John

Welcome to our forums.

It is not possible to reset or recover the password for security reasons. All the data from the vault is safe and encrypted.

Please try to remember the password. Use all the combination that you remember(start with your email password and continue with the log on password).

Thank you.

So does this mean that i have lost my files forever?

Is it possible for you to unlock it if i sent the vault file to you?

• rootkit
    Options

Hi John

The password is stored in the vault and it's encrypted. We can not decrypt it even if you send us the vault.

And cracking the password with that type of encryption is impossible.

Thy to use the most common things as password: street name, the name of your pet, the email password, the Windows password, etc.

Thank you.