Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]reinstallation Of Internet Security 2012

Options

Bought Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 on December 20th, 2011. My son uninstalled the BitDefender program on his computer and is now trying to reinstall it on the same computer but is now having major problems.

When trying to reinstall the program it now says - "The file 'asemlimg.mdl' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'bdis.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

He has tried installing the program via 2 ways; Using a usb with the installation program on it. Using the download link that came with the confirmation email.

His computer is brand new and is running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Processor - Intel ® Core

8GB Ram

64 bit Operating System

Hope you can help!

Comments

• Problem solved...for now. Reinstalled using the CD (the one thing we didn't use) which came the other day in the mail. Thanks for your patience anyway. :)

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for that update, glad it worked. :)

If you should ever have to uninstall B.D. again, you can use the Uninstall Tool to do a total clean up, and help for a clean install go more smoothly. I personally use the Programs and Features to uninstall, then follow up with uninstall tools provided by the vendors.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello guys :)

Thank you for your feedback.

You can use these instructions to (re)install the product:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Take care.

• Hello,

Thanks for this information. I had the idea now. I experienced this kind of problem before and so I shift to other software. I can use now the bit defender.

• columbo
    Options

Super, glad this information helped you, and that you're up and running. Thanks for your post. :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Since this case was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.