Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Error (-2004) [gokussx4]

Hi :)

After analyzing the information we received from you we concluded that the most convenient way to fix the issue you reported is to use the Repair feature from Bitdefender. Please follow the steps below in order to start the repairing process:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2012 -> choose "Repair or Remove";

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

- Register and activate the product, then open Bitdefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested;

- please test to see if the issue still replicates.

Should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. Take care.

I have the same problem and followed the above instructions. It did not require me to register and activate through repair though. I still have the same issue. First time installing total security 2012 on a windows 7 x64 ultimate edition OS.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome to our forums.

Do you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed? If not, please install it through Windows Update.

Reboot and repair again the product.

Thank you.

• madbeevs
    edited January 2012

Welcome to our forums.

Do you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed? If not, please install it through Windows Update.

Reboot and repair again the product.

Thank you.

Hi

I'm having a similar problem multiple errors after auto update stating update failes code (-2004) started on 25/1.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium with Service pack 1 installed and all windows updates.

I have an open ticket with custom care so hopefully it will be sorted.

However since I last exchanged emails I noticed last night that despite getting the error message on checking the 'about' box at 1900hrs the engine version was 7.40749 at 220hrs it had changed to 7.40750. I logged on today and it was 7.40761 and it is now 7.40762.

So clearly something is happening, of course I can't be sure that its only the information on the 'about' tab that has changed and if the virus defs. etc have been succesfully downloaded.

I wonder if this could be eroneous error messaging only.

I have tried repair and uninstalling and re-installing but the errors persist, would be nice to be sure that protection was up to date.

Hopefully the staff at Bitdefender will have some news on my open ticket shortly.

PS. I have just done a quick scan and on th log engine sumary is quoted as viruses 7742434 which corresponds to the info on the about box.

Regards

Madbeevs

• Hi

I'm having a similar problem multiple errors after auto update stating update failes code (-2004) started on 25/1.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium with Service pack 1 installed and all windows updates.

I have an open ticket with custom care so hopefully it will be sorted.

However since I last exchanged emails I noticed last night that despite getting the error message on checking the 'about' box at 1900hrs the engine version was 7.40749 at 220hrs it had changed to 7.40750. I logged on today and it was 7.40761 and it is now 7.40762.

So clearly something is happening, of course I can't be sure that its only the information on the 'about' tab that has changed and if the virus defs. etc have been succesfully downloaded.

I wonder if this could be eroneous error messaging only.

I have tried repair and uninstalling and re-installing but the errors persist, would be nice to be sure that protection was up to date.

Hopefully the staff at Bitdefender will have some news on my open ticket shortly.

PS. I have just done a quick scan and on th log engine sumary is quoted as viruses 7742434 which corresponds to the info on the about box.

Regards

Madbeevs

I have the EXACT same error message that started on the EXACT date (January 25th)... I haven't been able to update since. It keeps failing. Also, even though I scan my PC, it keeps saying the last scan is "X" amount of days ago. For today (January 27th), it says 6 days old.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello LordNakhlan

For you current case, please follow the steps from below:

1. Restart in Safe Mode with Networking.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking"

2. Download and save this patch on your desktop.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../patch_0036.exe

3. Run it (for Windows Vista/7, right click on it and choose Run as administrator).

4. Wait for the process to finish.

5. Restart in Normal Mode.

Let me know if you still receive that error now.

Thank you.

• Hi All

It worked for me.

Updates are showing as succesful.

Christian many thanks.

Madbeevs

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

Hello :)

Thank you very much for your feedback.

If you need any assistance, I am here for you.

Take care.

• Hello LordNakhlan

For you current case, please follow the steps from below:

1. Restart in Safe Mode with Networking.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking"

2. Download and save this patch on your desktop.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../patch_0036.exe

3. Run it (for Windows Vista/7, right click on it and choose Run as administrator).

4. Wait for the process to finish.

5. Restart in Normal Mode.

Let me know if you still receive that error now.

Thank you.

Thanks Christian, you are a godsend. The issue has been resolved and I've had my first successful update since the 25th (downloading over 4.5MB of data). I am now running scans to ensure they update properly to show that the last time a scan was run was today. Thanks again!

Sincerely, LordNakhlan

• Hi :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Don't forget that build .36 was released. You have all the details here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry134226

Take care.