Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Too Heavy For My Two Computers

Options

I have installed BDIS2012 in trial on my desktop PC and netbook, but I could not tolerate it after a few days.

For some reason, punkbuster was kicking me off CoD4, but I finally solved it by adding all 4 exes to the exclusion list.

Then there was this weird page load hang, 1 out of ~20 pages would not load for ~30 seconds, not even with F5.

I'm sure you know but let's have it pasted here:

Minimum system requirements:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) , Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1)

CPU: 800MHz processor

Memory (RAM):

■1 GB

Available free hard disk space: 1.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)

Desktop: (old, but still beats even the recommended) CPU: AMD Athlon x2 2.8GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, etc

Netbook: (another old one) Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz single core, HT), 2GB DDR2 RAM, etc

May I ask why Bitdefender is slowing down both PCs? Windows Installs are not so old, no malware or whatsoever is slowing it. Every slowdown disappears with BD. Is there way I could ever use them? :(

I hope you have some ideas, because the usual 'send us a report file' wouldn't really help, would it?

Thanks in advance - A wannabe BD user

Comments

• isc
    Options

Update: I uninstalled and now reinstalled on the desktop, and no slowdowns as of yet, I will write about it if it happens again.

The netbook though, I don't know if there is anything to do for it to be less heavy on it.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I have a suggestion for that notebook: you could install Bitdefender 2010 on it and it should work smootly.

What do you say?

Let me know your decision and I will send you further instructions. We might need to change you current key.

Take care.