Problem (newbie To Bdts)uninstalled Not Happy

Mayur
edited February 2012 in Update

I installed the BDTS with net setup downloading but when i update it says 191 mb upgrade u have to download which meaning less arent u guys have patches to update like avg with only update files

I came from AVG to BD after which i am not happy..

My net speed is hardly 128 kbps WHICH LL TAKE WHOLE DAY TO download ..

Is there any link to download update .. and the worst thing when i download setup .. instead of that its downloading setup link file rather than setup file and still asking to uninstall my other anti- programs till it will download i wont be secured -- (Upset thing)

i Wont Recommend To Any 1

Update procedure is not proper at all ,when u update u dont know whether it ll download virus def , engines , or upgrades .. takes too much time to find , unlike AVG which always asks even in free version what u want to download virus def , engines , or upgrade files...

I would rather go back to AVG

i HAVE INSTAlled AVG right now

I want to know 4 things(My net speed is 128KBPS/8)

1 How to update programs modules all plug-ins and updates of software(sepratly not full download)

2 How to download Antivirus updates and engines separatly also not like weekly.exe

3 What is live update Module..

4 How to update offline

Mine is August 2011 version which is written on the box

Comments

• Hi :)

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your feedback.

Let me answer to your questions:

1. You can not update the modules separately. The update is divided in 2 components: signatures and product updates. Signature updates(for the Antivirus, Antispam, Antiphishing, Parental Control, Firewall modules) are delivered hourly and in some cases are pushed on the servers even faster. Product updates are delivered usually at the end of each month.

2. You can not update the engine and the definitions separately. Some definitions are designed to be recognized only if you have a specific engine build installed.

3. That module is used to deliver update to the product. It monitors continuously our servers and when an update is released, it will download and install it.

4. In order to update offline the product(only the signature part of the update), you can use weekly.exe

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30268

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• thanx for help .. agree ...

need help regarding firewall..

see this

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=32140

• Hello :)

We will continue the discussion on that topic.

Thank you.