Refund

Hi,

Please direct me as to how I can refund my Bitdefender Total Security 2012. It force closes my program. They gave me a ticket number and asked for some information regarding the error along with the BDSP file. I sent everything that was requested, but I didn't receive any response until now. Not even an acknowledgement email. So I am assuming that whatever the problem is, there is no solution for it currently. And I need to use that program this weekend. I can't wait any longer.

Comments

• Hi :)

Please check my post from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=134710

Take care.

• Hi,

I replied to your email. I was hoping against all hope that it would work. But it didn't. It's still the same, the patch doesn't go through. I tried disabling everything at the same time, still didn't work.. I don't think Bitdefender is compatible with this game.

• Hello

Could you please provide me the official website so I can download the game an the patch?

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the BitDefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading';

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Okay... I am not really comfortable changing anything in my computer, so I'm not really comfortable in doing any of those. I am not an expert in computers, just a simple gamer. I would rather have my refund.

Plus the whole purpose of getting this antivirus is because it was rated number 1, for its superior protection and being user-friendly.

And this is just too inconvenient. I'm not really happy with it.

• Hi Mary

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

As requested, your order is now fully refunded. You will see the money back into your account in up to 7 working days.

For further details, please check your email.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.