Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

A Few Suggestions

Options
BorisVasilev22
edited February 2012 in Feature request

Hi folks,

There were few features in Bitdefender 2011, which are now gone. The first one is the advanced managment, where we were able to see processes, startup entries, INI files and manage some settings in our PC.

The second is the aggressivness of the firewall. There is no slider now and firewall either asks to much or doesn't ask at all. This is definetely not good. I hope you'll back the firewall settings slider.

The third one is the automatic gaming mode on custom applications or in full screen.

Also in privacy protection under file encryption, we have no option to create a file vault. There should be a button or a link giving us the option to create a new vault.

The browser toolbar provides less features then the Trafficlight toolbar available as standalone product and the search advisor misses the new icons in search results. It uses the old icons which are not very good-looking. Fully integrating TrafficLight in Bitdefender would be great.

The latest suggestion is creating Sidebar Gadget, that displays the status of Bitdefender and gives some options like Quick Scan and Turn on Game Mode.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Boris

All your feedback was noted and sent to our project manager.

This will be debated in the next product meeting.

Thank you.

• Hello Boris

All your feedback was noted and sent to our project manager.

This will be debated in the next product meeting.

Thank you.

Thank you for accepting the feedback. I have one more suggestion. Make the PC tuneup both manual or automated. this way inexpirienced users can have their PC-s running well without doing anything. The autoscan approach with the time slices is very good and it can be applied to the tuneup tasks as well. Thank you for reading.

• LordNakhlan
    Options
    Thank you for accepting the feedback. I have one more suggestion. Make the PC tuneup both manual or automated. this way inexpirienced users can have their PC-s running well without doing anything. The autoscan approach with the time slices is very good and it can be applied to the tuneup tasks as well. Thank you for reading.

The only problem with making PC Tuneup automated is how powerful it could be and the effect that it could have with users who wish to retain a certain amount of internet history and temporary files. Furthermore, as BitDefender shows in the program, registry cleaning can be a bit dangerous, so I would not advise fully automating that without experienced user intervention. Although, the OPTION for it to be automated and customized from user preferences might be a good feature.

One more thing: if you make PC Tuneup automated in its entirety, I believe one can start to potentially run into issues with computer performance, depending upon the user's computer.

• BorisVasilev22
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The only problem with making PC Tuneup automated is how powerful it could be and the effect that it could have with users who wish to retain a certain amount of internet history and temporary files. Furthermore, as BitDefender shows in the program, registry cleaning can be a bit dangerous, so I would not advise fully automating that without experienced user intervention. Although, the OPTION for it to be automated and customized from user preferences might be a good feature.

One more thing: if you make PC Tuneup automated in its entirety, I believe one can start to potentially run into issues with computer performance, depending upon the user's computer.

Bitdefender only deletes registry entries it's sure are safe for deletion. PC cleaner only deletes temporary internet files older then 10 days and disk defragmenter can be scheaduled to run even without Bitdefender. I don't see any reason for the tuneup not to become automated especially when many tools are effectively using this extra. No issues with performance are expected, because when you need resources, Bitdefender will suspend the tasks, much like the Auto Scan. The only result would be a cleaner and more healthier system, without user intervention.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hello

I have some to add to this topic:

1. In older version the Monitor module was giving you the option to disable some startup software and modify some settings in Windows. For novice users this is quite dangerous because in some cases could lead to malfunctions of the operating system.

2. The firewall slider is missing because his functionality was implemented in the rules. If you change the network type from Home/Office to public, some of the basic rules will be ignored and the traffic will be heavily filtered and scanned. It like moving the slider from medium to High.

3. The option to create a new vault is available. You will have to first select the path and after that Bitdefender gives you the option to add the file to a vault or to create a new one.

4. This is great. I agree with you. The standalone toolbar looks a lot better that the one from the product.

5. There is a discussion about this here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29644

Now regarding the Tuneup module, there is an automatic functionality, for example cleaning Internet Explorer cache & others. The manual actions can be performed from the main interface, the automatic ones can be changed from Settings.

Thank you.

• BorisVasilev22
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hello

I have some to add to this topic:

1. In older version the Monitor module was giving you the option to disable some startup software and modify some settings in Windows. For novice users this is quite dangerous because in some cases could lead to malfunctions of the operating system.

2. The firewall slider is missing because his functionality was implemented in the rules. If you change the network type from Home/Office to public, some of the basic rules will be ignored and the traffic will be heavily filtered and scanned. It like moving the slider from medium to High.

3. The option to create a new vault is available. You will have to first select the path and after that Bitdefender gives you the option to add the file to a vault or to create a new one.

4. This is great. I agree with you. The standalone toolbar looks a lot better that the one from the product.

5. There is a discussion about this here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29644

Now regarding the Tuneup module, there is an automatic functionality, for example cleaning Internet Explorer cache & others. The manual actions can be performed from the main interface, the automatic ones can be changed from Settings.

Thank you.

1. About the monitor module - i didn't ment it. I ment the "System info" functionality. I also miss the dashboard. Take a look at this photo. http://www1.pcmag.com/media/images/232620-...expert-view.jpg

2. The silder had no medium or high. It had allow known programs, block all, etc. Take a look at this screenshot. http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=b...C9DA&zoom=1

3. The option to create a new vault is not as accessible as before, but it's not a big deal.

4. The tuneup does not run automatically. My idea was for the user to scheadule defragmention for example and Bitdefender to run it.

Thanks for reading.

• And what about the sidebar gadget? It's not like the scan activity bar, so it's not discussed anywhere. Would we see a gadget with most frequently used tasks or even a metro-style app in Windows 8? I bet antivirus companies will start taking advantage of the new start menu in Windows 8 to directly display the security status of the PC and help the user to perform important tasks.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Boris :)

Our developers are working to integrate Bitdefender in the new Microsoft operating system. More details about will be posted when Windows 8 will be public Beta.

We will see if a sidebar gadget can be implemented. For this I will need more than 1 request :)

Now, regarding the other things:

1. The functionality was distributed in other areas, like License information, My Bitdefender, etc.

2. Now, the firewall has different level of protections. You can set the firewall to Public if you are using an unsafe network environment.

3. As I previously mentioned, you can create a new vault in Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

post-9374-1329144222_thumb.png

4. Also, the Tuneup module has some automatic actions that can be performed.

post-9374-1329144298_thumb.png

Thank you. :)

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

I would like to suggest the Customized TuneUp Interface such as in CCleaner and Argente Utilities etc.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A new interface will mean a new process in the background and this will take from system resources. We will see.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

A new interface will mean a new process in the background and this will take from system resources. We will see.

Take care.

Then you can provide the same Customization using the current interface

• rootkit
    Options

Yes, that is an option.

I will get back to this subject when I have more information.

Take care.