Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Av For Mac 2012 : How To Disable, Remove Anti-phishing?

SAFARI browser on Mac...

Questions: How to:

(a) Temporarily disable the anti-phishing plugin in Safari ? (And does this _really_ stop all anti-phishing activity, while disabled?)

(B) Completely remove the anti-phishing plugin from Safari (without removing the rest of the BD AV for Mac functionality) ?

Thank-you.

Comments

• OK, I simply (I hope...) just uninstalled the entire product in order to remove the anti-phishing component from Safari (I hope... having read other posts in these forums).

As someone evaluating the product, I can state that the Mac version os BD AV 2012 (and similarly your "suite" security products), really needs the following features:

(1) Toggle anti-phishing off / on (and when turned off, truly have it cease all filtering, calling home, etc., operations).

(2) Ideally, the anti-phishing component could - at the user's discretion, via the BD UI - be completely removed / reinstalled at any time.

(3) At installation time, if the user doesn't want to install anti-phishing, the BD product should not continue:

(i) To blatantly and tediously warn the user that anti-phishing is not installed (we know that).

(ii) To, later, repeatedly try to install the anti-phishing component, starting with the appearance of the associated pop-up dialog box.

SAFARI browser on Mac...

(i) Temporarily disable the anti-phishing plugin in Safari ? (And does this _really_ stop all anti-phishing activity, while disabled?)

(ii) Completely remove the anti-phishing plugin from Safari (without removing the rest of the BD AV for Mac functionality) ?

Thank-you.

• SAFARI browser on Mac...

(a) Temporarily disable the anti-phishing plugin in Safari ? (And does this _really_ stop all anti-phishing activity, while disabled?)

(B) Completely remove the anti-phishing plugin from Safari (without removing the rest of the BD AV for Mac functionality) ?

Thank-you.

You don't need to uninstall BD - just goto Safari preferences and the Extensions tab to uncheck the enable box for BD Antiphishing for Safari.

• Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Hi,

after installing BitDefender for Mac I have the same problem:

I would like to disable the antiphising plugins for Safari and Firefox. If I do so in the browser settings or completely remove the plugins, they are installed again on boot and moreover BitDefender keeps warning me about the missing plugins.

The windows version allows to disable feautures and the corresponding warnings. Is this somehow also possible for the Mac version?

Currently my only chance was to completely uninstall BitDefender on the Mac and stay with TheOtherSecuritySoftware I used before even though I would prefer BitDefender on all machines I have (Windows and Mac).

Best regards

Rob

• I am using bitdefender 2.3 for Mac OSX 10.8.4

The Anti-Phishing function is always disabled - when i try to "fix this problem" it launches safari and asks me if i want to install bitdefender.

It also generates the file: "Bitdefender.safariextz" in the /var/tmp/ folder even after i delete it with both safari and bitdefender closed.

When i reopen bitdefender and click "fix this problem" for Anti-Phishing I am prompted with the same bitdefender installer message (and regenerates the "Bitdefender.safariextz" in the same location)

Should it be generating the "Bitdefender.safariextz" file - and how can i stop it from always launching the installer application?

Never had this problem with the PC version.

Many thanks,

Andrew