Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Preventing Ms Office Install

Options

I am trying to install Office 2010 on my Windows 7 PC. Each time I try to install, I get an error message saying that anti-virus software is preventing a proper configuration.

I have tried game mode and even turned off virus scanning temporarily. I still get this error.

How do I turn BitDefender off completely while I install certified Microsoft software?

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

I responded to this early last week and have not received a reply.

Can you please tell me how to disable BitDefender 2010 Anti-virus? I need to do a system restore to a point before I tried to install MS Office 2010. That failed install has really mucked up my PC.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=210&id=42

Thank you.

• Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=210&id=42

Thank you.

So are you saying I need to completely uninstall Bitdefender 2012 Anti-virus? I just put it on this PC a few months ago when I was informed of the free upgrade.

I think I'll uninstall, then try another Windows 7 system restore to a set point before all this trouble started. That might put BDAV 2012 back on the PC. If so, I'll do another uninstall of BDAV 2012 and try a fresh installation.

If that doesn't work, Bitdefender is coming off of my PC for good.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

You mentioned earlier that you want to temporary disable Bitdefender 2012. I thought you have that older product installed and that's why I propose you to upgrade to the newer version.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

In the current case, please temporary disable the protection, install Microsoft Office and turn it back on.

[how to TEMPORARY DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012]

In order to disable the antivirus protection,please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield"tab and click on "Turn off" under On-access scanning.Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" . The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the installing procedure.

Thank you.

• Hello :)

You mentioned earlier that you want to temporary disable Bitdefender 2012. I thought you have that older product installed and that's why I propose you to upgrade to the newer version.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

In the current case, please temporary disable the protection, install Microsoft Office and turn it back on.

[how to TEMPORARY DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012]

In order to disable the antivirus protection,please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield"tab and click on "Turn off" under On-access scanning.Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" . The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the installing procedure.

Thank you.

I've been doing exactly these steps to disable BitDefender, but I always got the error message from Windows 7 saying that anti-virus software was preventing access to a file and the system restore was not successful.

I removed Bitdefender with the removal tool you provided. Then I tried once again to perform a system restore to a point before I first tried to install Office 2010. That restore did not work either, but the error message no longer stated that anti-virus software was preventing the restore. I suspect that I may have to set my PC back to the initial restore point that was set up by the manufacturer.

If that does indeed prove to be necessary, I will not re-install Bitdefender until I can establish a new restore point and perform a successful Windows system restore operation.

• I think you have to uninstall Bit Defender and then you should try to install Office 2010.i hope by doing that you dont have to face any trouble

• I think you have to uninstall Bit Defender and then you should try to install Office 2010.i hope by doing that you dont have to face any trouble

Thanks Kenyon. I removed Bitdefender 2012 entirely using the removal tool and installed Office 2010 without any problem. I was also able to create a Windows 7 system restore point and restore my computer back to that point with Bitdefender removed. It appears that BD2012 and the Windows 7 system restore function do not work together as they should.

I guess whenever I have trouble installing software on my PC, the first thing I'll have to do is remove Bitdefender and try again. Bitdefender needs a switch that completely turns off its entire function. It is too much trouble to completely remove Bitdefender and reinstall it just to add Microsoft software like Office 2010.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Actually we can not implement a function to turn off the whole product because some drivers are loaded when Windows is starting and turning them off will make your computer and our product vulnerable to malware.

The only way to do this is to turn off just the ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012.

Is everything OK now on that PC?

Thank you.